Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2017, 10:35 AM

7 posts, read 10,095 times

Advertisements

In 2006, we had financial trouble, and rather than loose the house, we sold it and moved to a low income state - Arkansas. After 11 years here, we need a different place to live. Along the way (2 yrs after moving here), we found and adopted an abandoned dog. She (Sweetie) was older and pregnant, and had 8 pups. Not being able to take care of that many we gave 3 away, and kept 5 (now almost 10 yrs old). Last year Sweetie passed away. (I work online from home as a volunteer programmer.)

We have looked at a few states, and wanted to know about Indiana as it was near by. We are looking for a small place where we can live with our 5 dogs (mom and I). We know some cities/states don't allow that many. Which cites in Indiana will?

Thazager

Old 10-17-2017, 02:59 PM

4,511 posts, read 4,641,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thazager View Post
In 2006, we had financial trouble, and rather than loose the house, we sold it and moved to a low income state - Arkansas. After 11 years here, we need a different place to live. Along the way (2 yrs after moving here), we found and adopted an abandoned dog. She (Sweetie) was older and pregnant, and had 8 pups. Not being able to take care of that many we gave 3 away, and kept 5 (now almost 10 yrs old). Last year Sweetie passed away. (I work online from home as a volunteer programmer.)

We have looked at a few states, and wanted to know about Indiana as it was near by. We are looking for a small place where we can live with our 5 dogs (mom and I). We know some cities/states don't allow that many. Which cites in Indiana will?

Thazager
Indiana is not all that "nearby" to Arkansas. It's 235 miles from Evansville Indiana, in the far southwest part of the state to Blytheville, Arkansas in the far Northeast part of the state. 235 miles is about as close as it gets from Arkansas to Indiana. About a 4 hour drive. It's about 530 miles from Little Rock to Indianapolis, about an 8 hour drive.

If you live in the country in Indiana I would reckon you could have about as many dogs as you want. In a city, they may have a limit. 5 dogs doesn't sound like alot of dogs to me. If you keep them fenced in and they're not constantly barking, I can't imagine anybody having a problem with them. In the city, it could be according to the neighborhood the number of dogs allowed per residence. But I don't know, I can't say for sure. That's just my opinion based on common sense.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:05 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,385,652 times
I wouldn't plan on finding a place to rent with 5 dogs.

Old 10-21-2017, 02:45 PM

Yes, it does sound reasonable that the country area would allow more dogs than the cities would.
In referring to "nearby" I was meaning closer than states like CA, OR, NY, FL, WI, within a 200-300 miles is kind of nearby to us. Since driving only 100 miles here would still be in the state of AR.

True, most places to rent don't allow pets.

Old 09-05-2019, 11:03 AM

House did not sell, so wont be moving there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana