Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 01:09 PM

35,102 posts, read 31,373,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_317 View Post
Growing up the winter time never really bothered me. However, while I liked to be moving, I wasn't really an outdoor active type. My idea of moving was just going to the mall, people watching, checking some stores out. We have some OK outdoor areas in the state, but my friend group was more about watching TV, movies, eating, not really heading out to state parks and such. Plus, the Indy metro area really didn't have any of are higher end state parks nearby, so that played a factor in why my smaller group of friends didn't do a lot of outdoor stuff.

Once I was at college, I worked a part-time job where I was outside most the days. I didn't mind cold temps then, but being outside the majority of the days in winter in this area, you actually get to see periods of sunshine, so maybe I felt that it wasn't too overcast as most folks complain. I also have light sensitivity, so overcast skies were kinda nice as things weren't so bright.

As I've hit middle age, I'm not really not caring for the cold. The lack of sunlight still doesn't bother me, but I do notice it more now that I've read so many comments from others over the years. I've also gotten a lot more active in outdoor recreation. I do venture out more to various parts of the states now. Now that I work inside mostly, I'm waiting to see if that changes my views of winter or not.
We never got enough snow to be that big of a deal. To me, the cloudiness would set up in November and it would be March before the sun was out again. Sure, you’ll get the occasional sunny day in Indiana in the winter, but it seemed to be really rare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2020, 11:24 AM

3,471 posts, read 2,804,716 times
You may not Indiana, but Indiana wants you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZL_tZxyBDo

Old 11-16-2020, 02:39 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,706,325 times
Two Words: Mike Pence

Old 03-16-2021, 08:25 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,630,589 times
I frequently work in southern IN, little towns like Aurora, Versailles, Rising Sun, etc, I love the state from what Ive seen.

Go to one of these little towns on a summer day and it will look like a slice of 'Americana', fit for a postcard! Drive along many of the rural 2 lane roads and you will see lots of American flags flying, farms, people out spending time with their kids, pets, I always enjoy a rural drive thru Southern IN.

Old 03-20-2021, 12:11 PM

26,432 posts, read 46,643,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I frequently work in southern IN, little towns like Aurora, Versailles, Rising Sun, etc, I love the state from what Ive seen.

Go to one of these little towns on a summer day and it will look like a slice of 'Americana', fit for a postcard! Drive along many of the rural 2 lane roads and you will see lots of American flags flying, farms, people out spending time with their kids, pets, I always enjoy a rural drive thru Southern IN.
Versailles State Park, Clifty Falls State Park, Patoka Reservoir, Hoosier National Forest, and other areas are good places to visit, just usually lots of precipitation most of the time.

Old 04-08-2021, 11:12 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,223,818 times
Probably because everyone in Indiana loves mayonnaise, especially kids and teenagers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana