Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 04:21 PM

15 posts, read 64,547 times

Advertisements

Hello, all!
yes, this is another one of those "I'm moving to..." threads- sorry.

My wife and I are looking to move from northwest Ohio, to a new location that is more inline with our alternative lifestyles. Right now we're considering Columbus, Chicago, Indianapolis, and Atlanta.

What i would like to know is, what location do you all suggest, that will allow us to live in safety, raise our children properly, and still keep us close to the pagan, swinger, and bdsm communities. The metro areas are preferable- we wouldnt mind driving half an hour or fourty five minutes to get to an event, but we dont want ot live in the sticks either (yet).

Oh, and keep in mind that well be raising a family of 5 on about $60k annually, give or take.

waddayall think?

Thanks a million!
Valkyrie_Veritech
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 04:50 PM

990 posts, read 3,186,636 times
Well its only natural i'd say Chicago since this is the Illinois board. But I can't help you find an exact location because I really don't and wouldn't want to know where the bdsm communities are. Ya but people around here are very open to alternative lifestyle choices.

If your looking in the city then I would probably reccomend Kenwood or Hyde Park on the near south side. Obama lives in Kenwood I think lol.

Suburb wise I would probably reccomend Oak Park although I don't know if that would fit your budget.

Since you just posted this under Illinois, in case your looking at other Illinois cities then Chapmpaign/Urbana might work or even some areas in the suburbs of Peoria or Springfield.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:48 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
I can't tell if this is a put-on or not.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:11 AM

15 posts, read 64,547 times
Thanks, Jericho, for the information. i'll certainly look into those areas.

Drover- what makes you think this is a put on? I assure you, i am verymuch serious here. Not everyone is duped by the cookie cutter theologies, serial manogamy, and so-called "traditional" american values. gak.

Valkyrie_Veritech

Old 07-29-2008, 09:34 AM

990 posts, read 3,186,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie_Veritech View Post

Drover- what makes you think this is a put on? I assure you, i am verymuch serious here. Not everyone is duped by the cookie cutter theologies, serial manogamy, and so-called "traditional" american values. gak.

Valkyrie_Veritech
No prob.........

Old 07-29-2008, 10:20 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times
You will not be able to afford to live in a safe family neighborhood of Chicago or in Oak Park (an inner-ring suburb) with children on 60k a year.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:26 AM

40 posts, read 111,049 times
Unfortunatley the answer to your question is you won't be able to live in an area on 60k in the Chicago area that you could feel safe and have your children go to a good school. The way Illinois dispurses funds for education is related to your property tax or wealth in that area so you won't see much of good education in your less then median income housing areas.

Also, I have no idea in regards to the other questions.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:24 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie_Veritech View Post

Valkyrie_Veritech
Sorry, I didn't realize there was such a huge consituency of pagan sadomasochistic swingers out there. I'll try to crawl out from underneath my sheltered rock a little more often.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:20 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times
Just wanted to point out that this must stay PG-13 to stay open. I'm all for giving this OP suggestions as to areas that will fit the mentioned criteria, but there's a line, and the moment it's crossed ... I'll be here.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:42 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Sorry, I didn't realize there was such a huge consituency of pagan sadomasochistic swingers out there. I'll try to crawl out from underneath my sheltered rock a little more often.
LMBO

Oh man.

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois