Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2022, 11:53 AM

3 posts, read 4,863 times

Advertisements

Hello
I live in Illinois and I have been fighting to get my eligibility changed because they got me as ineligible because my former employer, in their initial conversation with them, lied and said I left voluntarily, which is on IDES Letter of Determination. I appealed their decision, which the letter i just told you about was the only letter I got from them (putting no fault on anyone). I finally found out when my 1st appeal was and what i had to give to prove the employer lied to them. Did all that and sent over 4 pages, that was my proof. On the day of the hearing, waited from September 2021 to December 2021, I find out a second issue was added for Misconduct. I mention it to the Referee that I was not aware of the second issue because if i was I would have sent my novel, 50 pages plus, for my evidence. Anyways, hearing is conducted a d finished and the next day i found out I was denied still.

I get the information to appeal to The Board of Review, fill out and send paperwork after paperwork, it was a mess. I sent my evidence and my written argument in December, like 3 times. February 2022, mind you I am still certifing but not getting money, I get a letter stating my case is next. The Board of Review has everything so im confident, bad move, BOR DENIES ME. They also state they are not accepting what I submit for them to review so I stay inigible for Misconduct, which was for attendance but that all appeared after i filed charges with EEOC, HMMM.

Now, and this is where I can use advice and help from people on here, I appealed it and am in Circuit Court. IDES is saying they mailed the letter, which i never said they did or did not mail it, I said I never got it. It could have gotten mixed with someone elses mail, I dont know, but either way I did not get it. The reason they are being strict abiut that letter is because, after my interview with IDES I got their decision, which it stated ineligible due to issue 601A: Voluntarily Leave ONLY. On the second letter, that was sent out they are saying, again not saying they are lying, it has Issue 601A PLUS 602A: Misconduct on the second letter. So it went from 1 issue to 2 issues, after i filed my 1st appeal. As i said I am in Illinois and case in Circuit Court and in Federal Court with another case against the same former employer.

Can anyone, sorry about thw length, help me know what is or might happen in court? We waiting on my file from unemployment, so are they just gonna say the letter is here case over not eligible or what? I also gave a written argument to the Judge. Oh Lastly, the date the employer gave that i Voluntarily Left and when i was terminated in person and i got the letter which is dated 11 days after theysaid i left and worked 3 days before being terminated so they have that proof. I appreciate the help, please reply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois