Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 03:32 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,755,670 times

Advertisements

I saw on the news there was a gathering for Trump down near Quincy yesterday. It's good to see there are some sensible folks in Illinois aside from the Chicago area that is buried in the lib tard world. If we get so fortunate to send the Demo's packing in 2 1/2 years there may yet be hope for Illinois.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:14 PM

273 posts, read 154,944 times
Although Trump often made me facepalm and his idiotic statements and antics damaged our cause, he was infinity better than the crooks, crazies, and incompetents on the Dems side that wrecked this state and inflicted misery on the people of Illinois and now the whole country.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:25 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
I lost some respect for Trump when he attacked Mike Pence. I'd rather see DeSantis run in 2024 but I'd vote for Trump in a heartbeat over Biden!

Question for Illinois becomes, who has a better chance to beat JB, Irwin or Bailey?

Old 06-26-2022, 09:33 PM

273 posts, read 154,944 times
Not sure who I am voting for Tuesday probably Bailey but I don't think any Republican has a chance at winning statewide in Illinois. I have little hope for this state. Even if we did get a Republican governor he would run into the same problem Rauner did. A legislature full of crooks, crazies, and incompetents read Democrats that have no desire to reform govt and make it work for the people here.

Old 06-27-2022, 07:01 AM

2,191 posts, read 1,847,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingChemist View Post
Not sure who I am voting for Tuesday probably Bailey but I don't think any Republican has a chance at winning statewide in Illinois. I have little hope for this state. Even if we did get a Republican governor he would run into the same problem Rauner did. A legislature full of crooks, crazies, and incompetents read Democrats that have no desire to reform govt and make it work for the people here.
Not sure. Madigan is gone now...

I'm one of the people that votes blue nationally but votes red here in Illinois, lol.

JB isn't going to lose. We've had worse governors, and you have to be seriously horrible to lose in his shoes. Irwin is a joke. This guy was paid to do what he's doing and isn't a real Republican. JB's ads against him are pretty potent and expose him for the fraud he is.

Bailey would have a better chance if he didn't have such a thick southern accent and use "woke agenda" as his campaign rallying cry. But I respect that he is at least seemingly authentic. Sullivan is very authentic, clean, but comes off too cardboard.

Bailey is ahead in the polls to take the primary. It will be a clash of very different, yet similarly rotund billionaires.

Yawn.

Old 06-27-2022, 11:14 AM

1,067 posts, read 914,716 times
Mod cut.

I hope a republican wins the Illinois governor seat...but one that rejects Trump's craziness. So hoping for Irvin.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-28-2022 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: Save it for the P&OC forum.

Old 06-27-2022, 11:23 AM

4,149 posts, read 3,901,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
Not sure. Madigan is gone now...

I'm one of the people that votes blue nationally but votes red here in Illinois, lol.

JB isn't going to lose. We've had worse governors, and you have to be seriously horrible to lose in his shoes. Irwin is a joke. This guy was paid to do what he's doing and isn't a real Republican. JB's ads against him are pretty potent and expose him for the fraud he is.

Bailey would have a better chance if he didn't have such a thick southern accent and use "woke agenda" as his campaign rallying cry. But I respect that he is at least seemingly authentic. Sullivan is very authentic, clean, but comes off too cardboard.

Bailey is ahead in the polls to take the primary. It will be a clash of very different, yet similarly rotund billionaires.

Yawn.
I agree that J.B will not lose. I wish someone would beat him but I don't see a strong enough opponent and Irwin started out strong but has faded and as you stated the ads exposed a lot of holes.

Old 06-27-2022, 12:20 PM

720 posts, read 1,083,336 times
Gary Rabine seems fairly normal but never gets any air time.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:27 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingChemist View Post
Although Trump often made me facepalm and his idiotic statements and antics damaged our cause, he was infinity better than the crooks, crazies, and incompetents on the Dems side that wrecked this state and inflicted misery on the people of Illinois and now the whole country.
Well said. Trump was like my 4th choice when he first ran, but turned out to be a great president. Enough with all the name calling though. I got sick of it myself.

The more I read about Illinois' situations, the more I think this state, or almost for sure the city of Chicago, is heading down the path of bankruptcy. The definition of insanity, where you keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results, holds true for the voters of this state.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:38 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
[snip]
I hope a republican wins the Illinois governor seat...but one that rejects Trump's craziness. So hoping for Irvin.
Mod cut.

States like Illinois and California are poster-children for what happens under total liberal domination.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-28-2022 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: Off-topic; belongs in the P&OC forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois