Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 09:43 AM

4,656 posts, read 3,272,825 times

Advertisements

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNN, March 1st!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2022, 01:02 PM

2,195 posts, read 1,860,037 times
It's here! Just keep in mind....some restaurants/bars etc will likely still require something. We already know of some places that are allowing only vaccinated people to not wear masks.

Old 02-28-2022, 02:57 PM

Kmanshouse, I was in your hood yesterday. But I ended up finding a place by 24th and Oakley that accepted me AS IS!

Old 03-01-2022, 10:28 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,065,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
We already know of some places that are allowing only vaccinated people to not wear masks.

It would help to list these, so I(and others)may avoid them; and save time.
TY.

Old 03-02-2022, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
It would help to list these, so I(and others)may avoid them; and save time.
TY.
Assume that Half Acre and Begyle Brewery will still want a vax card, or masking if one is not presented. They were doing this before the mandate. Not saying they will still be doing it now, but they might. Also, the masking is literally for the 20 feet between the door and the table, NOT A BIG DEAL, just a little annoying for 1 minute.

Baker Miller as well. They've been ultra cautious. Last week Wolcott Tap wasn't sure yet what their policy would be starting 2/28.

I haven't been anywhere since Monday....on Sunday though, some places were already blowing it off, like the new restaurant Luigi's on Wilson/Wolcott.

Old 03-02-2022, 07:08 AM

I have found that certain places are just more lax than others, and it will take some navigating. Based PURELY on guessing, this is what I'd gather.

Likely will drop requirements

Rambler
Wild Goose
Garcia's
Lincoln Square Tap Room
Gideon Welles
O'Shaunesseys
Ravenswood Station
Pastores Brunch

Likely will have something in place, mask when not at table, or vax or both

Half Acre
Begyle
Most breweries, honestly
Baker Miller
Perfect Cup
Wolcott Tap
Cafe Selmarie

Don't quote me on this....but based on my interactions with these places, their IG accounts, etc. these are my guesses.

Old 03-02-2022, 07:19 AM

Kmanshouse, thank you for sharing your "proposed" lists here.

YES, I need to get bac to Garcia's. I know they must miss ME!

Old 03-02-2022, 10:26 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,065,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
Assume that Half Acre and Begyle Brewery will still want a vax card, or masking if one is not presented. They were doing this before the mandate. Not saying they will still be doing it now, but they might. Also, the masking is literally for the 20 feet between the door and the table, NOT A BIG DEAL, just a little annoying for 1 minute.

Baker Miller as well. They've been ultra cautious. Last week Wolcott Tap wasn't sure yet what their policy would be starting 2/28.

I haven't been anywhere since Monday....on Sunday though, some places were already blowing it off, like the new restaurant Luigi's on Wilson/Wolcott.

Thanks for the useful updates!.
I didn't realize my year old initial jab without any booster is still considered "vaccinated", apparently it was never changed.
At this point, I am so looking forward to at least a semi-normal looking summer; preferably with baseball.

Old 03-02-2022, 10:38 AM

Sunbiz1, good morning.

Yes, I came down this weekend. On Saturday night, I called PF Changs, which is literally on the Cook County side of the Lake-Cook Road, and they would NOT let me dine in, given my lack of vaccination card.

And on Sunday, I called 3 Italian restaurants in the 24th and Oakley neighborhood and they all said I could not dine in. And I thought to myself, "Well there is 1 more over there. GO FOR IT, and give them a call!".. And so I did, and they warmly accepted me AS IS!

Old 03-02-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Thanks for the useful updates!.
I didn't realize my year old initial jab without any booster is still considered "vaccinated", apparently it was never changed.
At this point, I am so looking forward to at least a semi-normal looking summer; preferably with baseball.
Yeah for the most part, restaurants aren't requiring boosters. Just the one JJ or two Pfizer/Moderna ones, I think. We have the booster, so not 100% sure.

For us, honestly, it doesn't feel abnormal at all. Sure, there's the 30 seconds of showing your ID/vax card, and having a mask on for a few seconds while going to your table. But after that, it's like any other pre-Covid time out at a restaurant or bar.

The other day we went to the Grafton with friends. Place was packed, Irish band singing, loud everywhere, Guinness flowing, like 2019. No masks at the bar, just throw it on to run to the bathroom, maybe (that wasn't really all that enforced).

I don't understand how that's not a fun, normal time, to be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois