Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 02:24 PM

4,952 posts, read 3,063,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Tampons and pads in the men's bathroom and I guess they have to put urinals in the women's bathroom.

I'm certain they will, only b/c it's so expensive to tear out bathroom walls; in order to reconfigure plumbing.

Waste, waste waste!.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2021, 10:30 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,719,018 times
Illinois is a mix of Maryland and California with all of the negatives and none of the positives. No nature and no seafood.

Old 07-10-2021, 12:53 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,923,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Illinois is a mix of Maryland and California with all of the negatives and none of the positives. No nature and no seafood.
well, there are quite a few Red Lobsters..

Old 07-10-2021, 02:43 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Bye.

Old 07-11-2021, 12:32 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,719,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Bye.

Be prepared to tell more people that. Illinois voters need to elect politicians who are capable of fixing the issues in the state. So far they have not.

Old 07-11-2021, 05:13 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,490,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
Just another reason why we left Sept of last year. The Illinois policies are just getting worse and worse.
How are you liking Indy? Do you find it to be an improvement?

Old 07-12-2021, 12:06 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,011,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
How are you liking Indy? Do you find it to be an improvement?
Yes, for our family it's DEFINITELY been an improvement. We've really enjoyed it overall. However, I can see why someone coming from Chicago (who's been there their whole life) might consider Indy a downgrade. It is a downgrade when you consider the breadth of activities and events available in Chicago (day to day, week to week). Frankly few other cities can compare to that (probably NY, San Francisco, etc.).
But, for us, the cost of living difference (which is huge) and more reasonable (mix of conservative & liberal) political culture has been a breath of fresh air (doesn't feel like our personal rights are being infringed upon).

Although Indy isn't perfect it still has a lot to offer. It's got it's own vibe going on and the downtown area has been gentrifying nicely in the past few years. We live further from downtown and, for family oriented activities, it's nice because we're close enough to the city to get to larger scale events but we can come home to a nice quiet area (and the town we're closest to is really scenic with lots to offer in its own right).

My wife's parents visited a few weeks back (they live near Chicago) and they were very impressed with the area and thought it looked like a really nice place to live FWIW.

Old 07-12-2021, 01:02 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,490,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
Yes, for our family it's DEFINITELY been an improvement. We've really enjoyed it overall. However, I can see why someone coming from Chicago (who's been there their whole life) might consider Indy a downgrade. It is a downgrade when you consider the breadth of activities and events available in Chicago (day to day, week to week). Frankly few other cities can compare to that (probably NY, San Francisco, etc.).
But, for us, the cost of living difference (which is huge) and more reasonable (mix of conservative & liberal) political culture has been a breath of fresh air (doesn't feel like our personal rights are being infringed upon).

Although Indy isn't perfect it still has a lot to offer. It's got it's own vibe going on and the downtown area has been gentrifying nicely in the past few years. We live further from downtown and, for family oriented activities, it's nice because we're close enough to the city to get to larger scale events but we can come home to a nice quiet area (and the town we're closest to is really scenic with lots to offer in its own right).

My wife's parents visited a few weeks back (they live near Chicago) and they were very impressed with the area and thought it looked like a really nice place to live FWIW.
Glad to hear that, we almost moved to Zionsville when we came back North. Looking back, I wish they would have accepted our offer. Yeah, Chicago was once a fantastic place, but I'm not going anywhere near that lawless cesspool today.

It's been an interesting day, the one roadblock we had for moving out of Illinois was removed this morning so we're outta here. I don't look forward to another cross-country move, but it has become necessary. If I didn't have family obligation back in Georgia, I'd reconsider Indy.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:06 AM

617 posts, read 539,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
This is a big reason why we are moving.

Ultra-Woke Illinois Mandates Are Top Threat to U.S. Education

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...24T5owI21WIOU4

..On February 16, The Joint Committee on Administrative Rules (JCAR) of the Illinois General Assembly will decide whether to officially enact a rule already approved by the Illinois State Board of Education. The new rule is called “Culturally Responsive Teaching and Leading Standards.” It’s a doozy. Should the rule be ratified on February 16, the entire Illinois teacher corps will be effectively forced into political re-education and compelled to turn their classes into woke indoctrination sessions. We’ll look at details, but the most extraordinary in a raft of outrageous dictates is that teachers must “embrace and encourage progressive viewpoints and perspectives.” Illinois is literally about to mandate that every one of its licensed teachers adopt progressive political orthodoxy and impart that ideology to students. I’ve seen some pretty extreme stuff in my time, but my jaw is now officially on the floor....

The funny part here that this BS is called "progressive viewpoints and perspectives", and a single political party called Dems is now dictating what this actually means, conveniently discarding any alternative views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois