Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 04:43 PM

21,958 posts, read 9,548,864 times

Advertisements

Courtesy of the leave Illinois FB groups.

Chicago police release video of suspects in string of carjackings, armed robberies across city, suburbs

https://abc7chicago.com/carjacking-c...IdqHmE-0YKWJzI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 05:26 PM

4,660 posts, read 3,281,859 times
Ohhhhhhh those KIDS!

Old 01-23-2021, 05:30 PM

636 posts, read 329,314 times
Do they only steal that one particular model? Car used to carry carjacker is same model as the one being jacked.

Old 01-24-2021, 10:48 AM

4,513 posts, read 5,065,438 times
Not to worry, I read in today's Tribune that they are charging these lovable little tikes with "misdemeanor and vehicle trespassing" , that should teach them that a life of crime doesn't pay !!

Old 01-24-2021, 10:51 AM

Nodpete!

"TIKES"!!!

THAT was the word I was looking for!!!

Good looking out!

Old 01-24-2021, 07:41 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,076,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Nodpete!

"TIKES"!!!

THAT was the word I was looking for!!!

Good looking out!

My deleted post mentioned that the correct spelling is "Tykes" (meaning a small child or toddler). I don't remember the post I replied to being very inflammatory, go figure.

I did mention that it's high time for people in Chicago to start defending themselves when it comes to carjacking, a woman in a northern suburb (Evanston?) was shot in the back recently after she was pulled from her car. Drivers should be extremely aware of their surroundings, keeping their head on a "swivel". Personally, if I see someone approach my car with a gun (not the police), all bets are off, I plan on praying to the Blessed Lady of Acceleration (Blues Brothers reference), and if the guy with the gun is standing in my vehicle's path, "Oh well".

Old 01-25-2021, 08:30 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,566,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
My deleted post mentioned that the correct spelling is "Tykes" (meaning a small child or toddler). I don't remember the post I replied to being very inflammatory, go figure.

I did mention that it's high time for people in Chicago to start defending themselves when it comes to carjacking, a woman in a northern suburb (Evanston?) was shot in the back recently after she was pulled from her car. Drivers should be extremely aware of their surroundings, keeping their head on a "swivel". Personally, if I see someone approach my car with a gun (not the police), all bets are off, I plan on praying to the Blessed Lady of Acceleration (Blues Brothers reference), and if the guy with the gun is standing in my vehicle's path, "Oh well".
Those shootings in the past year have all been on the Chicago-Evanston border. It truly is bizarre to see a memorial in front of the IHOP where the woman was shot inside after the murderous lunatic made his way from the south side to the border. Evanston closed the Howard Street police kiosk some years ago. If the trends in Chicago continue, perhaps it will have to reopen?

Old 01-25-2021, 08:54 AM

Be careful out there, everyone. These types of things can happen ANYWHERE!

I've taken my kids to the Mitchell Museum of the American Indian in Evanston. And many times we go to Indian Boundary Park and Lickity Split ice cream on Western and Lunt.

If self-defense teaches us anything, is to ALWAYS be prepared in any situation, and never underestimate your potential opponent.

In the end, your wallet or car is NO WHERE near the value of your life!.... At the same time, as a martial arts with a "samurai-like" attitude, I understand when someone wants to "fight the good fight."

That said, maybe criminals will think twice if they realize the community is fighting back. I DO believe in this, too.

Thoughts??

Old 01-25-2021, 04:19 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,076,583 times
Thoughts??

I think that the people we pay to keep society running smoothly have abdicated their positions, it's almost as if their goal is to allow innocent people to get hurt. Oak Lawn Patch (no paywall) had an article today about a guy who killed a 12 year old girl in a DUI, with something like six times the legal limit, he was out of bond for two prior (serious) offenses. Check out his "fangs" from a prior booking photo, not sure if he did that himself, or paid a dentist to do it. Either way, if the State's Attorney was doing her job, a 12 year old girl would still be alive. This can't be by mere chance, you couldn't screw up society more if you were trying to.
https://patch.com/illinois/oaklawn/1...ver-crash-cops

Old 01-25-2021, 05:25 PM

21,958 posts, read 9,548,864 times
Woman got shot in a Wendy's drive through. I think she survived. Maybe had her kids in the car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois