Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 04:54 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,142,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
What's the point? It's obvious the election is rigged no matter how many ballots you bring. After the first night of the election most states were red, then as they started to pump in fake ballots most turn blue - "miracle"!
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2020, 01:45 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,196,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
Let's throw out my "gut" and "common sense" in seeing so many aberrations in the way votes came in. I'll defer to the dozens of videos from people I find to be very reasonable; Scott Adams and Tim Pool are good examples. See below link, but it's lengthy to sit through (but very worthwhile). Again, this is too important to simply blow off - you can't have half the voters believe the election was "rigged". Per one poll, supposedly 75% of Republicans AND 30% of DEMOCRATS believe the election was rigged in Biden's favor. Unless Sidney Powell is off her rocker, evidence should be forthcoming. Again, I don't want Trump to be awarded the election via the Supreme Court or Legislative action. I think the only fair thing to do, is if enough evidence is presented, is to set up a new election that has much better safeguards, I don't care if we go all Afghanistan with dyed index fingers. Maybe limit it to the battleground states, but that would be unfair in House, Senate, and local races. If that meant having some kind of "interim" President through January, I could live with that. But do it fairly, and compare the results. And then take the "widespread cheaters", try them for treason or sedition, and punish them to the fullest extent of the law. It's that important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nQNTqfTO1Q
Oh man. I'm about 19 minutes into that video and I didn't think it would be that comical. I'm not sure it's worth watching further. Maybe it is for a good laugh heading into the holiday.

1. So far they complained about the process of the law passing regarding mail in voting, which I agree with you should be done more thoroughly, but it's a pandemic. A lot of states altered the voting process due to the pandemic in a pretty quick manner. It does not appear yet in the first 19 minutes that they find that people ineligible to vote voted, or people voted twice, or dead people voted, election workers created fake filled out ballots, etc.

2. I'm not familiar with PA elections, but in IL we're doing mail ballots by county. In spite of the increased volume, it shouldn't be an amount that can't be handled. Btw 5 states do all-mail elections. PA was slow to count because they weren't allowed to start counting, I believe, until after the polls closed or after in-person votes were counted.

3. I think somewhere around 14 minutes (?) he talks about people who believe in conpsiracy theories, and then turns around and mentions the Hunter Biden story as fact (so much of that story makes no sense - by the way, I stopped hearing about that on Nov. 4th).

4. Somehow they find it suspicious that Biden had 12 million more votes than Obama but don't find it suspicious that Trump had about 10 million more votes in '20 than in '16. There's no shortage of people that voted for Biden as a vote against Trump, just like there was no shortage of people in '16 that voted for Trump purely as a vote against Hillary.

Old 11-25-2020, 06:37 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
Oh man. I'm about 19 minutes into that video and I didn't think it would be that comical. I'm not sure it's worth watching further. Maybe it is for a good laugh heading into the holiday.

1. So far they complained about the process of the law passing regarding mail in voting, which I agree with you should be done more thoroughly, but it's a pandemic. A lot of states altered the voting process due to the pandemic in a pretty quick manner. It does not appear yet in the first 19 minutes that they find that people ineligible to vote voted, or people voted twice, or dead people voted, election workers created fake filled out ballots, etc.

2. I'm not familiar with PA elections, but in IL we're doing mail ballots by county. In spite of the increased volume, it shouldn't be an amount that can't be handled. Btw 5 states do all-mail elections. PA was slow to count because they weren't allowed to start counting, I believe, until after the polls closed or after in-person votes were counted.

3. I think somewhere around 14 minutes (?) he talks about people who believe in conpsiracy theories, and then turns around and mentions the Hunter Biden story as fact (so much of that story makes no sense - by the way, I stopped hearing about that on Nov. 4th).

4. Somehow they find it suspicious that Biden had 12 million more votes than Obama but don't find it suspicious that Trump had about 10 million more votes in '20 than in '16. There's no shortage of people that voted for Biden as a vote against Trump, just like there was no shortage of people in '16 that voted for Trump purely as a vote against Hillary.
As you probably know, a Pennsylvania judge today ordered PA to stop its certification process, and scheduled a hearing for Friday. So I'm not the only one who believes there was at least some procedural or criminal activity that warrants further investigation. BTW, that particular video is NOT any sort of "Proof", you asked why so many people (both Republicans and Democrats) believe this election had enough hanky-panky happen that it could have affected the results, this was just one example of that.

Scott Adams did an interesting piece today, he believes that even if the courts believe there is enough evidence to show the election was fraudulent, they will not vote to overturn it, just to maintain national stability. I'm not a fan of that, if the Dem's want to riot and burn down the big cities, I say "Let them", I would prefer the "truth" to prevail.

Rob, you and I have exchanged views many times on this forum, and I believe we have agreed on way more than we've disagreed. If this is a case of the latter, so be it. I only want a fair investigation to take place, and believe anyone who DOESN'T, is doing so for partisan reasons. If that's your case, so be it. To me, your unwillingness to see that something went wrong with this election, is more of an aberration than my opinion that it did. Again, I'm not saying that the election should be overturned. I'm saying that there are enough claims of fraud, that a thorough-as-possible investigation needs to be held, and let the chips fall where they may. It may well end up that we both agree once more once it's over, never say never.

Old 11-25-2020, 07:34 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,196,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
As you probably know, a Pennsylvania judge today ordered PA to stop its certification process, and scheduled a hearing for Friday. So I'm not the only one who believes there was at least some procedural or criminal activity that warrants further investigation. BTW, that particular video is NOT any sort of "Proof", you asked why so many people (both Republicans and Democrats) believe this election had enough hanky-panky happen that it could have affected the results, this was just one example of that.

Scott Adams did an interesting piece today, he believes that even if the courts believe there is enough evidence to show the election was fraudulent, they will not vote to overturn it, just to maintain national stability. I'm not a fan of that, if the Dem's want to riot and burn down the big cities, I say "Let them", I would prefer the "truth" to prevail.

Rob, you and I have exchanged views many times on this forum, and I believe we have agreed on way more than we've disagreed. If this is a case of the latter, so be it. I only want a fair investigation to take place, and believe anyone who DOESN'T, is doing so for partisan reasons. If that's your case, so be it. To me, your unwillingness to see that something went wrong with this election, is more of an aberration than my opinion that it did. Again, I'm not saying that the election should be overturned. I'm saying that there are enough claims of fraud, that a thorough-as-possible investigation needs to be held, and let the chips fall where they may. It may well end up that we both agree once more once it's over, never say never.
I think there needs to be actual evidence brought forward in court, not just in public forums or on the internet. If that happens, then a case or investigation is warranted. That said, one state does not make the election. Yes, there are concerns about the elections from Democrats and Republicans, but the concerns differ. I agree, that video is not proof, but I guess my point was the participants lose credibility when they indulge in conspiracies and false information. Ultimately, I just keep seeing cases and hearings look silly and fall flat. Perhaps like you said we disagree on this one and maybe we can agree elsewhere on Chicago or IL subject matter.

Old 11-26-2020, 01:45 AM

3,154 posts, read 2,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
I think there needs to be actual evidence brought forward in court, not just in public forums or on the internet. If that happens, then a case or investigation is warranted. That said, one state does not make the election. Yes, there are concerns about the elections from Democrats and Republicans, but the concerns differ. I agree, that video is not proof, but I guess my point was the participants lose credibility when they indulge in conspiracies and false information. Ultimately, I just keep seeing cases and hearings look silly and fall flat. Perhaps like you said we disagree on this one and maybe we can agree elsewhere on Chicago or IL subject matter.
Fair enough. Again, I'll be the first guy with my hat in my hand if no real evidence is produced beyond what one would consider "normal" tampering (which should never happen, BTW).

Now, if we could just get to the bottom of why World Trade Center Building Seven collapsed, LOL.

Old 11-27-2020, 06:40 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,776,362 times
Oh yeah and you trust those pre programmed Venezuelan voting machines. I happen to have a bridge in Brooklyn I'm letting go real cheap. It's become quite sad what people are led to believe in our monetarily altered (via old uncle George Soros) media. They got bamboozled in Nazi Germany the very same way. So now it's come to our country via one of theirs. He just took a page from Goebbels, Hitler's minister of information's book on how to say something repeated enough and loud enough and it becomes truth. Welcome to being fooled
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois