Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2020, 07:52 AM

4,641 posts, read 3,252,251 times

Advertisements

Good day, everyone.

The last few years around this time, my children and I would go to a Halloween event at Indian Boundary Park, as well as trick-or-treating in the Lincoln Square business area.

Unfortunately, in 2020, these events are not taking place.

I had heard people mention that there is a neighborhood on the northeast side where possibly an entire block or two put out extravagant Halloween decorations.

It might be the Uptown neighborhood??? Can anyone share any information on this?

P.S. Is Chicago allowing trick-or-treat in residential neighborhoods this year??

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 10:48 AM

23 posts, read 23,665 times
I live just south of Welles Park which is is an area that is always full of trick or treaters and a destination for many from outside of our neighborhood. I will be completely honest with you - we're all concerned this year about people from outside the neighborhood coming to trick or treat, and most of the people I have talked to either aren't answering the door at all, or only for people that they know and trust. I know friends in other neighborhoods have similar concerns. People are hoping that things will be much quieter than normal so neighborhood kids can have some socially distanced fun outside and make a few stops at friends' homes to show off their costumes, etc. from a distance. If the streets are packed as usual many residents aren't going to feel comfortable going out at all. My kids are high school and late elementary so this doesn't impact my family as much - we may let each kid have one friend over to have a masked, socially distanced outdoor gathering around our firepit - but I feel for the families with younger kids who are concerned about this and want to take their little ones out for a bit. p.s. Chicago currently has a 14 day quarantine in place for visitors from Wisconsin.

We usually love all of the visitors our neighborhood has on Halloween, and we're all sad that it won't be the same this year. It's on a Saturday night, so that's a big bummer. Last year it snowed AND the kids had to get up the next morning to go back to school after an almost 2 week CPS strike (which was a relief, of course). So we were all looking forward to this, and hoping things would be better by now.

Old 10-20-2020, 12:01 PM

ncls12, thank you very much for sharing.

I know your area well, and have always been a fan of Welles Park. I am sad, like you, for all the children and people that take great fun in Halloween time.

Since you're so close, you probably know the event I mentioned, with the trick-or-treating in the Square, with the stores. I always wore my Tae Kwon Do uniform as a costume

By the way, do you know the area I inquired on, that is supposed to be a big attraction with Halloween decorations? It is in Uptown or Andersonville, or something in that area.

And for the P.S.: uggghh, I know :/

Old 02-15-2021, 10:07 AM

3 posts, read 5,345 times
yes, Chicago is allowing trick-or-treat in residential neighborhood this year. I went Thai Lotus Bodywork before some days in halloween. After having spa, I visited my relatives> I saw the trend going.

Old 02-15-2021, 10:09 AM

syeed abir, may I please ask: Why do you keep mentioning this Thai Lotus Bodywork spa in all your responses? LOL

Old 02-19-2021, 06:13 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,875,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
syeed abir, may I please ask: Why do you keep mentioning this Thai Lotus Bodywork spa in all your responses? LOL
In my observations of police blotters, spas named after plants or celestial features (sun, moon, etc.) are usually bad news.

Old 02-19-2021, 07:06 AM

MillenialUrbanist, since someone posted an ad about a massage place on my Trick-or-Treat thread (which I still don't understand), I think you are right!

Some scaaaaary things may be going on there, at times!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois