Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2020, 12:33 AM

54 posts, read 100,468 times

Advertisements

Hello.

I tried to file a claim for unemployment insurance in Illinois.

I went to the following website:

https://benefits.ides.illinois.gov/Benefits/

and I logged in.

I started filling out the forms at about 6:30 PM. I knew that there would be a problem filing a claim between 8 PM and 10 PM (due to website-maintenance issues or something like that), and I hoped that I would finish the forms by 8 PM.

At about 9:30 PM, I finished the last form, and I hit the submit button. I got a message saying that other claims were being processed and that I should try again later.

I waited until 10 PM and logged in again. I found out that my previously entered information had not been saved by the system, and that I would have to reenter everything. Fortunately, I had saved some of my information on my own hard drive, and I finished entering everything at about 10:50 PM.

I hit the submit button, and this time I was told that there was an error with my request. The error was not specified.

I logged in yet again, and I found out that the information that I had re-entered had not been saved by the system. So, if I want to file a claim, I have to enter all of my information for a third time.

So, what's going on here? What kind of a crapfest is this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2020, 05:04 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,518,664 times
Their system is old and overloaded so there are going to be issues. Just keep on trying but try during the day.

Old 06-10-2020, 02:12 PM

54 posts, read 100,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
Their system is old and overloaded so there are going to be issues. Just keep on trying but try during the day.
Well, I just tried "during the day". I tried at 3 PM.

I got the same message about an unspecified error.

I called the claimant help line (800 - 244 - 5631) twice.

The first time, I selected "other issues", and I was told that my call could not be accepted at that time.

The second time, I selected "file a new claim", and I was told that I would have a wait time of 1248 minutes (about 20 hours).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois