Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2020, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 923 times

Advertisements

tl;dr in the 90s I grew up in a haunted house on Metter Ave in Columbia, Illinois. That house is now for sale again. I've always been desperate for any info on why it may be haunted and want to see if any locals know. There's no local FB groups. I want to join Nextdoor but I don't live in Illinois anymore so idk how to get on there to join the right community.

If this house sounds familiar to you, or you know how I could find any info or someone who does, PLEASE let me know. My next step is going back to this town and do a tour of my old home myself while it's for sale.

So yeah this might be a weird first post. I grew up in this haunted house 803 N Metter Ave, in the 90s. It got sold early 2000s. While living there, we would hear footsteps, hear doors opening and closing (mainly the front door), see cat apparitions (we had many cats) and I saw ghosts a couple times (a beaten woman, a man with an axe, and some strange, inhuman apparition that threatened to hurt my parents). To my recollection I never heard any voices. No pictures that I have ever seen with ghostly images. My dad's girlfriend in the 90s felt a cat jump on her long after our cats were gone one night in bed. My Grandma swears the house was haunted as well, something like a 6th sense I guess. I personally believe the ghost(s) left sometime in the late 90s because I never noted activity around then (again, that I recall). Probably the last memory of me hearing things was 97 or so, because I remember hearing loud footsteps while watching Beast Wars on a Saturday morning. The basement was a place of dread for me, there is a notable carving in the concrete floor (Assuming the basement wasn't remodeled) dated September, November, December, somewhere around there, and the year is 1923 or so. I don't remember the exact dates but that's pretty close. I always felt that is an important piece of info. The house was built in 1915.

There is also a haunted house on Main St, I am not sure the exact address of. It was an eye doctor in the 90s. If you were driving down Main St, then the old IGA would be on the left, and this place would be on the right somewhere. My mom states that twin girls supposedly drowned in the back and haunt the place. She would note cold spots and someone messing with items while she was alone. We have a video of my parents and baby me touring this house, and again I start to freak out in the basement. Altho that could be me just being a small child.

So if you know anything, plz post and lmk or tell me where else I can each out to research this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 06:43 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
I have dealt 2 times with possible spiritual situations in my life. My teaching is to go into the establishment and direct the spirit to move on.

I am born and raised Catholic. And half my life I did martial arts which is also spiritual. I had spoken with a spiritual advisor who taught me to speak to spirits, when their presence was felt.

I did this once many years ago at a friend's house. And I also did it in the Milwaukee County Courthouse where I worked.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:49 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,735,089 times
Riiiiiggghhht. Sure we believe you. Especially since the house is for sale as of now. ROFL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
View detailed profiles of: