Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 08:24 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,927,532 times

Advertisements

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...408-story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 08:56 AM

638 posts, read 241,823 times
Its ok, surgzown says its no big deal if people leave the state.... LOL

Old 08-05-2019, 09:24 AM

who or what is surgzown?

Old 08-05-2019, 10:01 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,452,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
who or what is surgzown?
user surgzown from the Leaving Illinois for Wisconsin? thread.

Old 08-05-2019, 10:08 AM

ah, ok, thanks!

Old 08-05-2019, 10:28 AM

99 posts, read 70,660 times
I reside in Mchenry County as present, and it's pretty obvious by all the real estate signs in my neighborhood and around town that many people are deciding to leave. My next door neighbor who I loved to hang out with is now gone to Tennessee. He ran a landscaping business for 25 years out of Woodstock, IL. I am leaving for Wisconsin in October myself, and Sunday just to kill some time with my fiance we went to a few open houses in our neighborhood and it's all the same story.

What, pray tell, could be causing all of this, do you suppose? If people actually believe the Governor's BS about it being because of a lack of a progressive tax and a decrease in public education funding then I have some oceanfront property in Montana to sell them.

Old 08-05-2019, 10:52 AM

638 posts, read 241,823 times
I have lived in either Will or Kankakee Counties basically my whole life, I know several people that have already left or planning to leave.. I have at least another 6 years here, then we are gone.. the population decline is only going to increase..

Old 08-05-2019, 11:28 AM

3,497 posts, read 2,201,720 times
“Jody Cameron, 44, who came to Chicago from Dallas in November 2016 for a job in radiology administration, said he’s glad he made the move.

While he found the overall cost of living in Texas much lower — there is no state income tax and fewer parking fees due to more open space — he said his salary increased by 50 percent because his training was more in demand here.

He appreciates Chicago’s diversity, restaurants, cultural opportunities and sporting events, and doesn’t feel any less safe than when he lived in Dallas. When he posts pictures of snow on social media, friends in Texas comment that they’re jealous. He doesn’t miss scorching hot summers.”

This is precisely why many will never leave the area for more affordable options in the south.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:12 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,769,372 times
I wouldn't use the term "many". You will find as time progresses that more and more WILL be headed out for greener pastures of which there are many not just a few. I suppose as time marches on there will be fewer and fewer folks to hand out those growing taxes. One thing is for sure the state government there sure doesn't have a clue about the concept of managing their tax base and chilling when it needs chilling. Oh well enjoy it is after all a choice......

Old 08-05-2019, 04:07 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,265,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnigmaMachine View Post
I reside in Mchenry County as present, and it's pretty obvious by all the real estate signs in my neighborhood and around town that many people are deciding to leave. My next door neighbor who I loved to hang out with is now gone to Tennessee. He ran a landscaping business for 25 years out of Woodstock, IL. I am leaving for Wisconsin in October myself, and Sunday just to kill some time with my fiance we went to a few open houses in our neighborhood and it's all the same story.

What, pray tell, could be causing all of this, do you suppose? If people actually believe the Governor's BS about it being because of a lack of a progressive tax and a decrease in public education funding then I have some oceanfront property in Montana to sell them.
Your data set is too narrow.

If you take a look at recent sales, other parts of Lake in the Hills aren’t quite so gloom and doom. Don’t for a moment allude to that area as similar to what happened in the south suburbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois