Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2006, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 12,446 times

Advertisements

My company is relocating me to Deerfield, IL from San Francisco, CA. Can anyone tell me a little bit about this city? Crime rate? Culture, arts, things to do for single people? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2006, 12:58 AM

8 posts, read 66,449 times
Deerfield is really nice and pretty safe. Here's a quick link to the suburb's offical website: http://www.deerfield-il.org/

Good luck on your move, TWong, and I hope this helps a little.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:34 PM

4 posts, read 28,445 times
It's a very nice area. I just recently moved to Wisconsin after spending the first 20 years of my life right next door to Deerfield in Buffalo Grove. Any specific questions about schools or things to do (Deerfield has almost everything and if they don't have it you can find it pretty close by). It's another village, like Buffalo Grove, where its in both Lake and Cook Counties. I grew up North of Lake Cook Rd in Lake County. It's considered part of Chicago's North Shore and its one of the more established communities just like many of the communities that surround it. It's a good location and there are plenty of villages around Deerfield such as Highland Park, Lincolnshire, Bannockburn, Northbrook, and riverwoods -- they are all VERY safe and very nice. Plus, you are not very far from Chicago. Feel free to Email me if you have any questions and I'll do my best to help you out.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:03 PM

3 posts, read 22,694 times
I just moved from Riverwoods, and Deerfield is a beautiful city. You will be glad to know there is a Whole Foods and a Trader Joes and a train to the city in downtown Deerfield. Also Michael Jordon lives in Bannockburn which is right next to Deerfield. And you can be at the lake front in minutes directly east to Highland Park and there is a really nice beach there. There are some nice restaurants in Deerfield and Buffalo Grove has a whole street of restaurants from French to Italian to American. There is even one at the airport on Milwaukee Ave with a view of the landing strips. Good luck!

Old 05-01-2006, 10:56 AM

281 posts, read 928,242 times
Crime in the North Shore suburbs is minimal. In the summertime you have the Ravinia Park concerts, Chicago Symphony and guest artists in an outdoor bandshell. Lawn seating is only $10. People bring splendid picnic baskets. There are a lot of good restaurants. Nightlife is fairly subdued, but you are near enough to Chicago which has everything a young guy could ask for.
Also, plenty of job opportunities nearby, Allstate and Walgreen's headquarters, many other medium to large corporate HQs. Winters are cold and snowy, but the summers are glorious. I moved here from SF 14 years ago. I've never looked back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois