Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2012, 02:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,960 times

Advertisements

I got a ticket for "failure to yield to a pedestrian on a crosswalk ". in charleston , il

I was not over the speed limit . No accident /no one injured.No lights jumped etc ..

I was lost in the area and I was looking at my iphone maps to redirect my way..in that process, cop was behind me and i saw him and got paniced, and crossed the juntion but there at the same time pedestrain came in..I dint notice her as it was dark and unclear & were having small stop signs in the middle but not asusuall once.

I admit I am wrong and am willing to "accept responsibility and pay ."

But, Could i hire a lawyer and see if this does not go into my records beacuse one month back i took a 4hr class for speeding ticket (60mps on 50mps) road and there is one year probation, but unfortunately i got this ticket in a span of 3months..so now both ticket will be considered in my record..
please help or advise what to do?

Will my insurance premium go from $99/month to ----?

thanks a lot !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 06:30 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
Its very hard to say how it will go in court. Your excuse will not hold water. It is your responsibility as the driver of 5 ton piece of machinery to know what is in front of you when it is in motion. You flunked that test when you placed more importance on a destination than on a life.

Unless IL law has changed, it is a 3 strike state. Three and your license is pulled. Unless you are awfully lucky you now have 2 Moving Violations in 30 days and Probation charged against your driving record. .

Old 11-06-2012, 11:13 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times
I'd probably get a traffic attorney. It'll cost you a couple hundred bucks but they might be able to knock this down to a non-moving violation.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:32 PM

414 posts, read 1,019,742 times
I'd just take it and move on. If you think about it, it might actually be a good thing. You have to face that you made a mistake, but there were no serious repercussions (i.e. people getting hurt), so you can learn from it and move on. Imagine if you'd hit the pedestrian.

The best thing that happened to me driving-wise was getting in a moderate fender-bender that was mostly my fault. No one got hurt, and while there was quite a bit of car damage, it wasn't too hard to move past. As a result, I'm a MUCH more conscientious driver and haven't gotten so much as a speeding ticket in the 4+ years since then. If there were no consequences at all, I probably wouldn't have taken it as seriously.

Long story short, just take it, learn from it, and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
View detailed profiles of: