Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 07:08 AM

6 posts, read 26,219 times

Advertisements

This water issue neds to be resolved ASAP. As far as the constant comment of referencing Candlewick to "the hood". That is a total joke. Candlewick is soft as my 3 month old daughters diaper. Obviously this guy who claims to not call the police and takes matters into his own hands is a BIG FAT LIAR! Since you are so tuff why would you leave your home? Are you in foreclosure? or is the "the hood" just to ruff for such a tuff guy? Don't take this the wrong way but just because we have more hispanics and blacks within our community it does not mean it's "the hood". In fact I see many of our fellow caucasians with saggy pants,tilted hats, and loud booming cars blasting rap music. This by no means is a threat to anyone. But if we see a black or hispanic it is all of a sudden a big threat. And the terrible community is so ghetto that we had a shooting last August, the parents are to blame? A close friend of my wife's husband actually knows the mother and father of this kid. In fact several people throughout Candlewick know this family and have not had any issues with them at all. The parents are well liked and the son is very respectful of everyone. So my question to everyone is how can we judge this teen because he happened to know an idiot that had access to a gun? After talking with a good friend of mine that happens to be a Boone County Sheriff I determined that not only my first impressions as well as many others I have had contact with on this matter, That the teen and his parents are very respectable and decent people. He said from the investigation this kid was basically a nice kid hanging out with some Candlewick residents and some people that have been hanging out in Candlewick for some time. He then informed me that the victim was a trouble maker from Candlewick. Since this is our community we have to secure it. We have to watch out for each other. My friend the Sheriff told me that the father of this teen that was driving the car had recently called 911 about a teenwith a gun. He provided police with an accurate description of the suspect and our K9 unit apprehended the suspect shortly after. The Sheriff returned the teen that had the gun to the resident who had called 911(this is my opinion is very stupid on Boone Counties part) to have the teen along with his mother apologize to the family. The father gave the kid a lecture about his actions. So you can imagine his emotional outburst when his own son has someone get shot from a car he is driving. People let's band together and take care of eachother and turn our community into a helping community instead of judging people from a seat that is probably as dirty as the person we are pointing the finger at.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:26 PM

342 posts, read 1,233,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnaive View Post
This water issue neds to be resolved ASAP. As far as the constant comment of referencing Candlewick to "the hood". That is a total joke. Candlewick is soft as my 3 month old daughters diaper. Obviously this guy who claims to not call the police and takes matters into his own hands is a BIG FAT LIAR! Since you are so tuff why would you leave your home? Are you in foreclosure? or is the "the hood" just to ruff for such a tuff guy? Don't take this the wrong way but just because we have more hispanics and blacks within our community it does not mean it's "the hood". In fact I see many of our fellow caucasians with saggy pants,tilted hats, and loud booming cars blasting rap music. This by no means is a threat to anyone. But if we see a black or hispanic it is all of a sudden a big threat. And the terrible community is so ghetto that we had a shooting last August, the parents are to blame? A close friend of my wife's husband actually knows the mother and father of this kid. In fact several people throughout Candlewick know this family and have not had any issues with them at all. The parents are well liked and the son is very respectful of everyone. So my question to everyone is how can we judge this teen because he happened to know an idiot that had access to a gun? After talking with a good friend of mine that happens to be a Boone County Sheriff I determined that not only my first impressions as well as many others I have had contact with on this matter, That the teen and his parents are very respectable and decent people. He said from the investigation this kid was basically a nice kid hanging out with some Candlewick residents and some people that have been hanging out in Candlewick for some time. He then informed me that the victim was a trouble maker from Candlewick. Since this is our community we have to secure it. We have to watch out for each other. My friend the Sheriff told me that the father of this teen that was driving the car had recently called 911 about a teenwith a gun. He provided police with an accurate description of the suspect and our K9 unit apprehended the suspect shortly after. The Sheriff returned the teen that had the gun to the resident who had called 911(this is my opinion is very stupid on Boone Counties part) to have the teen along with his mother apologize to the family. The father gave the kid a lecture about his actions. So you can imagine his emotional outburst when his own son has someone get shot from a car he is driving. People let's band together and take care of eachother and turn our community into a helping community instead of judging people from a seat that is probably as dirty as the person we are pointing the finger at.
thank you. i have been trying to explain this to everyone.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:23 PM

6 posts, read 26,219 times
bulldawg,

People actually talk with this family. I just spoke with the father today. Nobody treats them any diffferent. he said several residents have been by to see how they were doing and have had NO issues what so ever. So my question still remains..... Why do people think this community is bad? Bulldawg what do you know about the driver of the car and his family? Have you had contact with them at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois