Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 09:34 AM

41 posts, read 61,189 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I'm thinking of very seriously renting in this complex. The price seems good, and they seem to offer decent amenities in the phase II for the value.

I've heard that North of University Ave. is the place to watch out for unsafe feelings, since this is North of that...will I have to worry much here?

Has anyone had any pest issues (ants/cockroaches/etc.) or water damage issues at this place?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 10:40 AM

1,131 posts, read 2,025,968 times
I have not heard many good things about this place lately. Honestly, there are very few large complexes around here that are well regarded. My recommendation is to find a place where you can rent month-to-month or on some other short term agreement. Then try to find a more permanent place that is owned/managed by a local individual instead of one of the handful of mega property management companies around here that feel they don't have to provide good service because the constant turnover of students will keep new tenants coming in anyway.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpaddy View Post
I have not heard many good things about this place lately. Honestly, there are very few large complexes around here that are well regarded. My recommendation is to find a place where you can rent month-to-month or on some other short term agreement. Then try to find a more permanent place that is owned/managed by a local individual instead of one of the handful of mega property management companies around here that feel they don't have to provide good service because the constant turnover of students will keep new tenants coming in anyway.
Gah! any specifics on what is bad about it? Doing some research it seemed like most people were recommending Town and Country (latest post was summer of last year).

I came down and viewed 8 or so apartments, and Town and Country was the only decent looking one with modern looking amenities and not feeling secluded in a very residential neighborhood.

Any tips on where else to look if not for Town and Country?

Old 10-25-2012, 05:09 PM

60 posts, read 106,826 times
I would recommend baytowne apartments cause it has a secured gate entarence.I lived there years .it is close to the highway exits.. and it is in the middle of the shooping places like walmart ,mall ,dining,close to parks etc...It is in champaign tough. has a large swimming pool and club house check their website. Also new gentry square is another good place..there are some other places like that generally they are safe

Old 10-26-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananapie View Post
I would recommend baytowne apartments cause it has a secured gate entarence.I lived there years .it is close to the highway exits.. and it is in the middle of the shooping places like walmart ,mall ,dining,close to parks etc...It is in champaign tough. has a large swimming pool and club house check their website. Also new gentry square is another good place..there are some other places like that generally they are safe
These places all look nice. Baytownee and Gentry Square, but they start at $720+ a month, which might be stretching it pretty far for me. Close or under $600 deff. would be a lot easier to swing with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois