Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:35 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegers View Post
That was fun. I think I identified 50% of those pictures. Most of downtown Wheaton and some of Wheaton college. It was like I was there watching through the lenses. The second to the last one got me stomped. Must be a new development area. Then again, some look like Elmhurst. Am I close???
That 2nd to last pic is in Geneva. Thats the rear view of Dobson Place off of 3rd. Nice place! Below are the pics in order, and what towns.

1. Wheaton
2. Wheaton
3. Wasco
4. St. Charles (STC)
5. Naperville
6. STC
7. STC
8. Naperville
9. Geneva
10. Wheaton
11. Geneva
12. Geneva
13. STC
14. STC
15. Wheaton
16. Geneva
17. Wheaton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 12:41 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,556,030 times
REally nice place. Amazing properties eh? When I went to Elmhurst College, I would exercise around the neighbohood and some of those homes look similiar. I loved looking at them as I passed. Loved it! I should find the picture of my dream house. white home, black shudders, rap around porch with attached gazebo. It's gorgeous. It was across the street from the high school in Elmhurst.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
REally nice place. Amazing properties eh? When I went to Elmhurst College, I would exercise around the neighbohood and some of those homes look similiar. I loved looking at them as I passed. Loved it! I should find the picture of my dream house. white home, black shudders, rap around porch with attached gazebo. It's gorgeous. It was across the street from the high school in Elmhurst.
I love the older homes in this area, theyre some of my fave in the entire nation, we're blessed with such great homes. Heck, even some of the newer homes are astounding too. And I agree about Elmhurst, its a great town with beautiful homes.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I love the older homes in this area, theyre some of my fave in the entire nation, we're blessed with such great homes. Heck, even some of the newer homes are astounding too. And I agree about Elmhurst, its a great town with beautiful homes.
Totally with you on the comment about even some of the newer houses. Such personality and great curb appeal. Though, I'm more like you in the sense of the older homes. YES YES YES, we are blessed with great history and style. In Nevada and Cali, I've seen alot of great homes, but none with landscape, personality, and history like I know back home. When I show pictures to my roommates, especially the Vegas native, they are shocked to see the open yard layout, homes set back further from the street, and no cement walls. Sniff, homesick...

Old 10-26-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
When I show pictures to my roommates, especially the Vegas native, they are shocked to see the open yard layout, homes set back further from the street, and no cement walls. Sniff, homesick...
Yeah, the sunbelt is notorious for the cement-walled junk that lines every street. Ick!

Old 10-28-2007, 10:20 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Wow, awesome photos. My sis in Mt. Carroll sent me the link to this site...We are in southern Utah, native to CA...great pictures!
Barb

Old 10-29-2007, 08:31 AM

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/Illinoisboy/Cactiandsunsetlight.jpg (broken link)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/Illinoisboy/10-27-07Fallcoloratsavannah.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-29-2007, 08:58 AM

Steve, Is that beavertail cactus in somewhere in IL??? Seeing acorns and cactus spikes just doesn't match to me!

Old 10-29-2007, 09:37 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Quote:
Steve, Is that beavertail cactus in somewhere in IL??? Seeing acorns and cactus spikes just doesn't match to me!
I was going to ask the same thing...seems like something we would see here in St. George...or Las Vegas...or uh...desert...

oh by the way, that sandwich at the top of the post looks REALLY good...I am guess Portillo's is a good restaurant? We are coming back to see my sis and husband in Mt Carroll for Thanksgiving so any ideas for some close by trips appreciated. She mentioned Galena? Thanks

Old 10-29-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Thats prickly pear cacti, which only grows in certain areas of the state. These were down in the Braidwood dunes and savannah park in Braidwood, IL. Whats odd is that only the young cacti have the visible spines, as they mature they become smoother and only have small little needles (that quite painfully become easily lodged in your skin ). And yes, it is indeed odd seeing cacti next to oak leaves and acorns, thats why I took the pic. In summer its not quite as odd as its just grass, sand and prickly pear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois