Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 09:35 PM

4,413 posts, read 5,145,849 times

Advertisements

We are past peak oil. Oil is what is necessary for everything in our current economy to function. One only has to look at a historical graph starting at the beginning of the industrial revolution to understand what we face. The world was at 1 billion people around the time of Christ. This population stayed somewhat steady all the way to the advent of the utilization of fossil fules, at which time it skyrockted in a breathtaking path to the stratosphere.

People!! Petroleum is the reason the earth is closing in on 7 billion people. The United States uses more petroleum than any other country. If you keep adding countless millions to our population, the oil will run out quicker. Perhaps not giving us more transition time to totally revamp our societal culture to be able to function without fossil fuels. The indirect result of our leaders pushing a pro-growth, pro-population exansion agenda could be a catacysmal die off of 100's of millions of people.

Why do we even deal with our leaders. Put leaders in who are level headed and realistic. I don't want bat-**** right-wing wackos to take over just to curtail immigration. I want the no-bull**** progressive to get in there and think not about dollar signs and social reengineering schemes. Someone who knows that this is crunch time, fvck PC and a big fvck to capitalist fanatics.

America is not perfect. That's why we need less people to **** it up worse. They tell us that these poor immigrants come for a better life. What the fvck do they think a better life means? Do they think they want to come here and plant organic gardens and drive hybrids?

We are being skull fvcked and I can't believe a revolution hasn't started already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 09:46 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,198 times
Despite the fact that the industrial revolution and the advent of modern medicine had more to do with population increase, also despite the fact we really don't know what peak oil is (I believe the concept, but an skeptical when people claim we've "reached the peak" or past the peak), also despite the fact that you don't account for increased ingenuity and technology...please tell me what this has to do with illegal immigration?

Old 02-24-2010, 06:53 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
We are past peak oil. Oil is what is necessary for everything in our current economy to function. One only has to look at a historical graph starting at the beginning of the industrial revolution to understand what we face. The world was at 1 billion people around the time of Christ. This population stayed somewhat steady all the way to the advent of the utilization of fossil fules, at which time it skyrockted in a breathtaking path to the stratosphere.

People!! Petroleum is the reason the earth is closing in on 7 billion people. The United States uses more petroleum than any other country. If you keep adding countless millions to our population, the oil will run out quicker. Perhaps not giving us more transition time to totally revamp our societal culture to be able to function without fossil fuels. The indirect result of our leaders pushing a pro-growth, pro-population exansion agenda could be a catacysmal die off of 100's of millions of people.

Why do we even deal with our leaders. Put leaders in who are level headed and realistic. I don't want bat-**** right-wing wackos to take over just to curtail immigration. I want the no-bull**** progressive to get in there and think not about dollar signs and social reengineering schemes. Someone who knows that this is crunch time, fvck PC and a big fvck to capitalist fanatics.

America is not perfect. That's why we need less people to **** it up worse. They tell us that these poor immigrants come for a better life. What the fvck do they think a better life means? Do they think they want to come here and plant organic gardens and drive hybrids?

We are being skull fvcked and I can't believe a revolution hasn't started already.

Canada produces all the oil needed by their country and sells the rest...
Mexico produces all the oil needed by thier country and sells the rest...

US uses 2x the oil it produces...If I were one of the two above, Id be worried...very worried.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:49 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
[/color]

Canada produces all the oil needed by their country and sells the rest...
Mexico produces all the oil needed by thier country and sells the rest...

US uses 2x the oil it produces...If I were one of the two above, Id be worried...very worried.
Perhaps if the U.S. dumped 10% of its population on another country, we would have surplus oil as well.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Perhaps if the U.S. dumped 10% of its population on another country, we would have surplus oil as well.
This makes no sense.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:19 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
If we could dump the same amount of poor onto Canada, persuade them to undercut the locals wages and then send that money back home our Economy would be in great shape.

Sadly the bottom rung causing our woes IS for the most part that 1/6 of Mexico living here Illegally.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If we could dump the same amount of poor onto Canada, persuade them to undercut the locals wages and then send that money back home our Economy would be in great shape.

Sadly the bottom rung causing our woes IS for the most part that 1/6 of Mexico living here Illegally.
That's not how it works...

Old 02-26-2010, 01:57 AM

4,413 posts, read 5,145,849 times
[quote=that1guy;13031687]Despite the fact that the industrial revolution and the advent of modern medicine had more to do with population increase, also despite the fact we really don't know what peak oil is (I believe the concept, but an skeptical when people claim we've "reached the peak" or past the peak), also despite the fact that you don't account for increased ingenuity and technology...please tell me what this has to do with illegal immigration?[/QUOTE]

O.K. Illegal Immigrants are a population of people coming to any particular country. This added population (in our case millions) not only work but consume. Even if not many of them drive, I can name a countless number of products you use everyday of your life that is derived from fossil fuels.

Americans per-capita are the greatest users of fossil fuels on the planet. If you add population that further excacerbate the huge amount of LEGAL residents we allow in already. I'll try and be conservative and assume illegals use only 50% of the resources of the average legal american. For every million illegals here equates to the consumption and eradication of massive amounts of natural resources, which are a finite resource.

We here in America need to figure out a way to become much more environmental progressive on these issues. I don't just mean recycling even though this is very important. Until we have fixed this problem, I believe it is unethical to allow millions of people into this wasteful and greedy nation. A phenomenon compounded by illegal aliens.

Clear enough???

Old 02-26-2010, 04:04 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
10% use 50%?

Old 02-26-2010, 07:49 AM

O.K. Illegal Immigrants are a population of people coming to any particular country. This added population (in our case millions) not only work but consume. Even if not many of them drive, I can name a countless number of products you use everyday of your life that is derived from fossil fuels.

So we don't have the ability to create fuel efficient cars and thus there will only be a linear relationship? Not to mention that plastic manufacturing and consumption is global, not regional, thus even if the illegal immigrant were to stay in Mexico the total consumption would not change (it would not matter where the person is living, since resources are GLOBAL).

Americans per-capita are the greatest users of fossil fuels on the planet. If you add population that further excacerbate the huge amount of LEGAL residents we allow in already. I'll try and be conservative and assume illegals use only 50% of the resources of the average legal american. For every million illegals here equates to the consumption and eradication of massive amounts of natural resources, which are a finite resource.

Again you assume a linear relationship, that over time we will use the same amount of resources (thus no ingenuity occurs?). We know that this extrapolation can be false. Again you assume that resources are strictly regional (so we don't import goods and resources?)

We here in America need to figure out a way to become much more environmental progressive on these issues. I don't just mean recycling even though this is very important. Until we have fixed this problem, I believe it is unethical to allow millions of people into this wasteful and greedy nation. A phenomenon compounded by illegal aliens.

This is the worst laid out relationship I've read. That's like saying that because Americans like to drink water, we are contributing to droughts. The relationship simply isn't there. It's too simplistic, it makes too many assumptions, and it's simply conjecture. It simply has NOTHING to do with illegal immigration.

Clear enough???

You probably shouldn't be smug with a steaming post like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration