Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:52 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,023,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
You can get a phonebook from your local Chamber of Commerce.
Really? Well...duh on my part!!!!! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 08:36 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,280,067 times
The DMV only needed some type of proof that you live here and all I provided was a utility bill that was WITHIN 30 days. I did not have to show a history of them. The test is 40 questions and you can get up to 6 wrong. You can pick up the driver manual in the CDA office or just view it online.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:57 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,442,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Trace, you got a new toy and didn't tell us all about it? Shame on you, we need pics of the new addition to the family.
Well, it was actually my neighbors ride.. He got a Yamaha 3 person 800CC Jet Ski.. We have a couple too but not that big.. Its AWESOME here in the spring and summer.. 15 minutes we can have the ski's in the water from here.. South end of the lake is much less crowded, and during the week you have the whole park and marina to yourself pretty much.
Last year I could ride a Jet ski right under Bald Eagle nests sticking out of the water on poles! They would just look down at me, and I could almost have touched them, NOT that I would..Ha!! I'll try and get pics of it this year.. There is a Bald Eagle preserve just passed the bike path trellis that you can ride around in..

As for the DMV, my LAST experience was trying to get my son married and he didnt have his ID for the license.. We went to the Moreno Valley DMV and there was a line of probably 50 people OUT the DOOR before you even got inside!!
We went 25 miles to Hemet DMV and still spent 3+ hours there, but it was better than MoVal by the looks of it...

And KTM man your right.. We had to park at the grocery store next to the DMV... I dont miss Kali ONE little BIT!!

Old 03-25-2010, 12:32 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,550,083 times
The other unique thing about the DMV here? The people working there are actually pleasant and try to be helpful. If you happen to be in Sandpoint, the office there is great, I can usually walk right to the counter, never had more than 1 person in front of me. Last time I spent more time chatting with the person there than getting the job done.

Dang I love this state! The excitement that new people coming in display helps remind us how good we have it here.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
The other unique thing about the DMV here? The people working there are actually pleasant and try to be helpful. If you happen to be in Sandpoint, the office there is great, I can usually walk right to the counter, never had more than 1 person in front of me. Last time I spent more time chatting with the person there than getting the job done.

Dang I love this state! The excitement that new people coming in display helps remind us how good we have it here.
Yep, normally we would have gone to the St. Maries DMV but were in CdA... That place is incredible.. Walk right up to the counter, do yer bidness and yer OUT!!

I LOVE this state too buddy... Some people here take for granted how good they have it I think....

Old 03-26-2010, 06:33 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,281,547 times
Quote:

Spot on there Toyman. Mot often when I go in there I leave with a list of dates that folks want to have their pets boarded

Old 03-26-2010, 06:34 PM

Okay...got my Idaho plates...took about fifteen minutes. And picked up an Idaho Driver's Manual...not much different from Arizona but you have a few off-road rules that differ...not that I will be doing much off-roading! I shall face the driver's test with bravery and a full stomach! Sheeesh! Haven't taken a driver's test since 1962!!!

Old 03-26-2010, 06:36 PM

Default Ps

Found an amazing chiropractor in CdA!!! I wrecked my sciatic nerve and a few other things while moving...was walking like a Neolithic man...or woman. This gent fixed me up right away...although I need some follow up on this aging bod so will be seeing him for a while. Arrrghhh.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:33 PM

7,386 posts, read 12,689,597 times
Ess, sorry to hear about your injury! So inconvenient when you're new to an area and need to get around--but glad to hear you've found a good chiropractor. Oh, and I was also glad to see you're still surrounded by terriers! Feel free to come over on the porch and post some pooch pics!
Let us know how the driver's test went. I seem to remember one of the questions I had to answer (but that was in CA) was, "If you come up on a red light, what do you do? a) drive through as fast as you can, b) drive slowly through, or c) stop?"

Old 03-30-2010, 01:22 PM

I passed on the first try and didnt study the book... One I remember that tripped me up though was If your driving through a town with no posted speed limit the default limit is 35.. I thought it was 25..Doh!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho