Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 05:06 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,541 times

Advertisements

Congrats Trace. Check on Verizon High Speed when you get up here. I hooked mine up a week ago and it is fast...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 05:12 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,474,571 times
I don't know where in Idaho you are moving to, but I can remember clearly the day I moved here, it was a summer early evening and I knew I was HOME when I crossed the Long Bridge heading into Sandpoint. I think of that nearly everytime I cross that bridge. What an incredible feeling that was.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:31 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,836,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I don't know where in Idaho you are moving to, but I can remember clearly the day I moved here, it was a summer early evening and I knew I was HOME when I crossed the Long Bridge heading into Sandpoint. I think of that nearly everytime I cross that bridge. What an incredible feeling that was.
Every time I cross the long bridge from the South to North, I am reminded of the first time I saw the lake and fell in love with Sandpoint...I'm so with you there...

Trace...I am SO happy for you...I remember what a great feeling it was to "land" in Idaho...

Old 09-17-2009, 09:46 PM

993 posts, read 3,252,206 times
Don't forget we need pictures Trace.

Just incase your foolin us

Old 09-17-2009, 11:56 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
Every time I cross the long bridge from the South to North, I am reminded of the first time I saw the lake and fell in love with Sandpoint...I'm so with you there...

Trace...I am SO happy for you...I remember what a great feeling it was to "land" in Idaho...
Hey thanks for that Sage! You have been through alot of this journey with me on this forum.. I look forward to the day when we can shake hands in person..

To ALL the people here who have helped me feel connected to Idaho I thank you from the bottom of my heart.. You all dont know it but you got me through some really dark times...

Its almost REAL... And this has been coming for long over 10 years now..

I dont give a DAMN if its the worst winter in 200 years Im going to LOVE it!!!!

DR, my friend.. You got it! And it wont be long till we are swilling single malt in the flesh...

Old 09-18-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman 100 View Post
Congrats Trace. Check on Verizon High Speed when you get up here. I hooked mine up a week ago and it is fast...
Im ON IT!!!! Funny thing was we cant get a decent connection here to save our lives living on a dirt road in Slow Cal.... My place in NID has fiber optic cable spitting distance away!!! I cant wait bud!!!! Lets drown some worms together too!!!! Your one of my must meet transplants!!

Old 09-18-2009, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Glad to hear it Trace, I'm happy for both of you and I can imagine how stir crazy you are going. Safe travels and remember; disconnect Internet last and reconnect first
Im running Verizon wireless on the lap top so Im G2G until we get the fiber optic connect!!! I wont miss a beat CM! Thanks!!!

Old 09-18-2009, 12:13 AM

BTW 2 weeks in the wake up is cause I CANT SLEEP!!!!! I finally fall asleep about 4AM or worse... Its cause I am going NUTS wanting to be there and not here.... I sleep like a baby full of mothers milk in NID....

Old 09-18-2009, 08:32 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Trace, it's getting close buddy! I made the move having only driven through once...coming from the East when we arrived, Lookout Pass was the first part of Idaho I saw, just kept getting better. It's funny when you can come to a new place, and it just feels more like "home" than where you've grown up. You're starting a great adventure. Take the time to savor the trip, it's part of the adventure as well!

IMO part of the hospitality you see here is due to the type of people that are moving in. Not everyone has the gumption to leave somewhere they have grown up and know people to start over in a strange place. I like to think that those that do have something to bring to the party as it were.

OK, enough sentimental crap-GIT-R-DONE! We've got some trails to ride. Don't forget to service the AC (Arctic Cat) so it's ready to rock when you get here.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:25 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,662,916 times
No no, we need more sentimental crap!!!! I haven't weighed in yet! As far as driving across the Long Bridge--oh yes, I'm "home" every time we're fortunate enough to be able to make the trip! 7 times so far since 2004! And now, which was a real surprise to me, I have the same feeling, only more so, when we get to the Clark Fork Delta, and it's only been a year since we bought the property...

Trace, can we bum a ride??? Pleeeze??? We don't take up much space...just the two of us and our 85 pound shepherd...we can stay in your trunk, just put some airholes in for us ! I'm desperate!

Seriously, all the best wishes for the Great Move--there's nothing like seeing a dream come true...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho