Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 11:56 PM

2 posts, read 2,713 times

Advertisements

I'm seriously playing on moving to Idaho falls. My main concern is that my oldest child has a diagnosis on the autism spectrum of aspergers syndrome. She is11 and currently enrolled in a school specifically for aspy babies. She i also received therapy at a specialized facility for autism treatment and development. I can make the move and gainemployment because of my fieldand prior experience aT INL. I just need a starting place too guarantee the necessary resources are available formy aspy baby��

Old 06-24-2017, 08:49 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,014,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KangBiggDaddy View Post
I'm seriously playing on moving to Idaho falls. My main concern is that my oldest child has a diagnosis on the autism spectrum of aspergers syndrome. She is11 and currently enrolled in a school specifically for aspy babies. She i also received therapy at a specialized facility for autism treatment and development. I can make the move and gainemployment because of my fieldand prior experience aT INL. I just need a starting place too guarantee the necessary resources are available formy aspy baby��
Welcome to the Idaho forum.

I live up north, so I can't help with your question. You might get a better response by starting a specific thread on this question over in the Idaho Falls sub - forum.

Frankly, I think many of the regulars here are tired enough of the topic in which you posted that they have trained themselves to ignore it when it periodically bounces back to life.

Dave

Old 06-25-2017, 12:12 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
I'm sure there are the resources you need here.
CAn't say how to find them, but if you were to ask the Chamber of Commerce, I'm sure you would find a place to start.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:28 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,290,008 times
Quote:
You are smart to explore resources before any move. I cannot reply to your specific needs, but in general, know that in general Idaho schools operate on modest budgets,

This link http www governing com/ topics /education / gov-education-funding-states dot html (sorry, you have to fill in the : and . and // gives you some idea.

Idaho is #48 in pupil support per capita (below Minnesota and Utah) and #50 in instructional salaries and benefits. If your child's diagnosis makes her eligible for federal support then these numbers are moot. If not, then you really do want to get the details from her specific school and district.

A lifetime ago, I worked in the budget office of a large urban school district. The amount being spent on special education was incredible as a % of budgets. Survivable in well funded districts, but not in those on shoe string budgets.

Some districts are in communities which may have specific programs set up for a particular need (such as the school you mentioned for the aspberger babies. That is really cool, but unlikely here save for the bigger city schools where the pool of funds can support specific missions or schools in university towns where research can partner with the community.

Fed, Big city, university town are your best bets. After that it is idiosyncratic.

Best of luck!

Old 11-03-2017, 10:12 AM

140 posts, read 139,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagle Sam View Post
While NID certainly does not have much diversity (nothing wrong with that!) I would contend that racism is quite a bit below average when compared to the nation. With diversity comes racial tension and racism brews among all races (yes, that's right, non-whites being racist too). I have lived in two major metropolitan areas most of my life, one being Houston, TX and the other being Denver, CO. While Houston had the most diversity by far, it was also much more racist. I would even go as far as to say that Blacks were much more racist than whites and Hispanics. The gangsta-rap, post slavery oppressed, entitlement mentality (thanks Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton) are to blame for much of that I think.
Black entitlement is really what it is. Groups like the BLM just want something to nit pick about and that will never change. Im sure next they'll be targeting the confederate cemeteries and who knows what else. Maybe they'll want their own bathrooms

Old 11-03-2017, 11:31 AM

6,358 posts, read 7,774,697 times
This eight-year old thread is worse than a 'cat with nine lives'. It keeps coming back to life. It has been long established that Idaho is "safe" for minorities and racism in Idaho is generally a non-issue. It is past time for this thread to become part of the cyberspace archives.

Thread closed.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Last edited by volosong; 11-03-2017 at 11:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho