Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2006, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,982 times

Advertisements

We have been told that Emmett Idaho is a nice small town and we are looking for information about it. We live in Carson City, Nevada, and have retired, and plan on purchasing a home near Boise. I've had friends who live in Boise recommend Emmett as a friendly small town, which also has a small river running close by. Two things we are wondering about, does the Payette River ever flood, and if so, which part of the town does it effect? We definitley don't want to purchase our home in that area Also, we wonder about the difference in the cost of natural gas versus electricity for heating. In our area, the natural gas is quite a bit cheaper than electric, when it comes to heating, and hot water tanks. Would appreciate any input about Emmett that you care to tell us.
Thanks,
Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2006, 10:09 AM

4 posts, read 31,329 times
Default Why leave Carson City?

Just curious. Why have you decided to leave Carson City. It seems to be a pretty nice place with lots of beautiful country surrounding it.

Old 03-20-2006, 04:12 PM

10 posts, read 23,754 times
Emmett is a nice little town. I moved to Meridian from Sparks, and I know why you want out of Carson. Less wind in Emmett, too. My power and gas bill dropped by half. Heat is N.G. average 80 dollars monthly (12 months) electricity went to 65 one month when it was hot. Central air going 24 hours.

Old 06-10-2006, 09:12 AM

5 posts, read 23,538 times
I live in Emmett and it is a very small community that I hate to leave (my husband's occupation is moving us to Arizona.)

Yes, the Payette River has flooded, but only once in the 10 years we've lived here. It flooded out both sides of the river, however houses are on the south side of the river, except for one house that butts up next to a hill, on the east side of the main road across from the cemetary (at top of the hill on the west side of the main road is the cemetary.)

I love many, MANY things about Emmett....But the people are what makes Emmett what it is, a friendly, kindhearted community. Just to give you a few examples as to the kindness of Emmett people; There's a coffee shop called Banducci's (it's great) that's owned by siblings (a brother & sister.) One time I went through their drive-thru and didn't have my checkbook with me like I thought I did and they simply said, "that's ok, you can come back and pay for it later on when you have it." They didn't ask for my name or anything (at that time I was NOT a "regular") it was only my second visit so they didn't know me from Adam! But I can tell you, after that I certainly became a regular!

Another example of the kind people here in Emmett. One week after we moved here our pump broke on the well (I can't remember exactly what was wrong with it) but when we called a business to get a replacement piece they gave us the piece and told us that we could pay them later (again, they had no idea who we were.)

It's the people in Emmett that I love, as well as the beauty of Emmett, the way it's nestled down into the valley. And talk about BEAUTIFUL sunsets! Truly breathtaking!

We have our property up for sale right now. We have six acres to romp around on and I just hate the thought of leaving....I'm really going to miss it.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:55 AM

278 posts, read 1,138,351 times
Great town but no real shopping or medical care that you have to go over the hill for in Boise and not some thing you want to do if you do not have to in the winter all the time.
Great fishing in the ponds like airport pond.

No transportation services so it is a you drive only town.
For me thinking of health problems and the closeness of medical hospitals is a big thing. Do not like to be over 30 mints away from them
When I was a Forman many of my workers would miss work or be very very late in the winter because of the snow more then Boise big time. Keep that in mind also.
if I moved back to Idaho and I will not it is one of the places I would look at but too many other states offer much better living lower house cost and living cost. Try getting a 32 acre spread with a 2300 foot home 4 / 3 and 4 out buildings for under 200,000 in this area of Idaho that’s what I am looking at right now . all set up for horses and with a fish stocked pond. I will not say what state but it is not in the west were I grew up most of my life I can tell you that.

Last edited by huntman58; 06-14-2006 at 01:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho