Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 03:16 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times

Advertisements

Aaaauuuuuugh! We're dying up here...

Last year Sandpoint had a record heat of something like 94 or 96 degrees. Supposed to hit 99 in town today...I'M MELTING...

Moving here from SoCal, it was so much cooler. Now that my body has adjusted, 85 feels hot. 90's are nearly unbearable. Yesterday I coached soccer for 7 hours in it...just standing there was miserable...forget the kids running around in the heat, with us doing water breaks every 10-15 minutes...yikes!

Today is stay inside and stay cool, or go to the lake or river...not much in between. Motorcycle and ATV are sitting there mocking me...no way do I feel like putting on gear and going riding...

Just thought I'd share...now that I've become a heat wimp...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 03:50 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,211 times
Sage you are spoiled for sure..Its been between 95 and 100 here for a couple weeks now in the Inland Valley. This is MUCH nicer than last year and the year before that. Then again it could stay hot until Thanksgiving..HA!!! Last year there were many days when it would get up to and over 115 with humidity. With the pollution it was dreadfull.
On the really bad days sometimes I would blow off work, and my son and I would spend the day at the movie theater or mall...HA!
Way too hot to work, so when life gives you lemons..etc..

Old 08-17-2008, 05:40 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times
The first couple of years we were here the temps broke 100. It doesn't happen often but I loathe it when it does. AC is pretty much out of the question when you live on solar power.
I'm missing those cool temps from last week, but it sounds like they'll be back on Tuesday.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:12 PM

993 posts, read 3,253,112 times
Sage don't feel bad.
Today down here in the San Joaquin Valley is topped out at 99.
That is much cooler than the last 2 weeks. 107 all last week.
My Suzuki Vstrom didn't get any miles in today either.
This stinkin heat and putting up with it for the last 28 years is just another factor in our plan to move to Idaho.
It won't be too long and you will be posting pictures of frozen ground.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:27 PM

35 posts, read 240,349 times
These temps made the Rivers here around Kamiah popular this weekend, the beaches and banks were lined. At least we live in a place with clean rivers and streams to seek refuge in. We will be complaining of the cold in a few months, so enjoy.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:27 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,762 times
Can't wait for the cool down on Wed- suppose to be 86 as a cold front comes through. It's been hot in Boise too; we haven't had too many 100 degree days this summer so we've been spoiled. I can't imagine playing soccer in this kind of weather-yikes!

Old 08-17-2008, 10:47 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Sage don't feel bad.
Today down here in the San Joaquin Valley is topped out at 99.
That is much cooler than the last 2 weeks. 107 all last week.
My Suzuki Vstrom didn't get any miles in today either.
This stinkin heat and putting up with it for the last 28 years is just another factor in our plan to move to Idaho.
It won't be too long and you will be posting pictures of frozen ground.
Where are you at in the SJV?

Old 08-17-2008, 10:50 PM

180 posts, read 748,614 times
Default Someplace said we're going to get below 80 this week!

I can't believe the fluctuations in temps this year ...100+ one day; 80 a few days later!

My programmable thermostat for our furnace is set at 60, and a couple weeks ago, it actually came on one morning! UGH! In July!! (We close everything down during the day, then open it up at night when it cools down, since we don't have A/C ...... works great ....)but sure didn't expect to hear the furnace kick up!

Our pacas are suffering too! We now have the super-duty fans going by 9 a.m. and not many of them (other than the babies) are outside unless to eat or drink!! And the fans don't turn off until after dark!

Hang in there Sage .... it is cooling down to a more tolerable temp soon! And thankfully won't/hasn't lasted as long as previous years!

PacaLady

Old 08-17-2008, 11:03 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,762 times
Makes you wish for the snow that Loveland Pass got recently in Colorado-

Well....almost, LOL!

Old 08-18-2008, 01:26 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
Well...took the kids boating on the Pend Oreille River...along with EVERYONE ELSE from our entire neighborhood it appeared...most crowded I've ever seen it...must have been 15 rigs at the launch ramp lot... (OK, I know, I'm spoiled in this regard too). You know, it was hot there too, but zipping around on a boat pulling kids on tubes just feels less sweltering...

Yup...looks like 83 Tuesday and a high of only 70 on Thursday...I cannot wait...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho