Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2023, 02:46 PM

560 posts, read 436,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
I moved from Las Vegas to CDA in 1978.

110 degrees was a cool spell. I could actually tell the difference between 115 and 110.

It was mid-April and my last week at Lake Mead NRA when I ran into a bunch of folks from CDA and asked them about the weather.

By that time, I was tired of the wind in southern Nevada. Being out in a boat or small airplane everyday in windy weather is no fun.

They assured me that the wind NEVER blows in CDA, and they were right.

I should have asked them how COLD it was in the summer!!!
The wind thing is real. People don't realize Texas is always windy. Not Wyoming windy but pretty bad most of the time at the wrong times of the year. Up here in Boundary County I rarely see any wind. It's sublime. I'll take 20 degrees F and 2mph wind over 50 degrees F and 10-15mph steady winds any day of the week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: