Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 11:09 PM

149 posts, read 175,582 times

Advertisements

I wonder if anyone can tell me if the prices of a medium house in North Idaho ( for example in Sandpoint) are going to be higher than the same house somewhere in Nampa? How do the prices compare between Boise area and Cour d' alene -Sandpoint area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2020, 12:30 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
You can open up Craigslist, realtor dot com, or zillow, and look and see what you get for your money. Average prices won't really tell you much. You need to be comparing the prices of two of the same type of houses.

As far as I know, no one here is working as a real estate agent in both Boise area and North Idaho that they would be well versed in the prices in both areas. But price information is readily available online.

Prices in North Idaho are hefty and going up. It's not a cheap area. North Idaho is getting a lot of retirement and recreation dollars pouring into the real estate.

Old 09-08-2020, 12:38 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Adding this: City Data has lots of information about individual towns and cities and right here on City Data, you can find out a huge amount of useful information about any town in Idaho.

Old 09-11-2020, 12:43 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalijaasbj View Post
I wonder if anyone can tell me if the prices of a medium house in North Idaho ( for example in Sandpoint) are going to be higher than the same house somewhere in Nampa? How do the prices compare between Boise area and Cour d' alene -Sandpoint area?
According to Zillow, it's $337K for the average house price in Sandpoint and it's $257K in Nampa. To do a similar house comparo, you would need to look at similar houses in similar neighborhoods, that takes time and expertise to ascertain.

Old 09-11-2020, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
According to Zillow, it's $337K for the average house price in Sandpoint and it's $257K in Nampa. To do a similar house comparo, you would need to look at similar houses in similar neighborhoods, that takes time and expertise to ascertain.
Thank you, that's the reply I needed... We live in Nampa, but I learned the climate is not for my liking... All my life I have lived in moderate type climate with lots of rain, more snow and change in weather , near the seaside ( Russia, LAtvia, and then Seattle area). I thought I will love to live in a climate with lots of warm , sunny days...But there is something about living in remote "steppe" does not sit right with me,,, and the climate is too dry... Also Boise is very remote from other states ..
So I travelled to the North Idaho this summer just to visit some people and liked it way better over there .. We live in South rural Nampa in the remote area with acerage and mountain views ofOwahee in somewhat upper middle class area. It will cost about $460-500 thousand dollars. So I guess if we move to North Idaho, we will have less property for the money....

Old 09-12-2020, 01:46 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalijaasbj View Post
Thank you, that's the reply I needed... We live in Nampa, but I learned the climate is not for my liking... All my life I have lived in moderate type climate with lots of rain, more snow and change in weather , near the seaside ( Russia, LAtvia, and then Seattle area). I thought I will love to live in a climate with lots of warm , sunny days...But there is something about living in remote "steppe" does not sit right with me,,, and the climate is too dry... Also Boise is very remote from other states ..
So I travelled to the North Idaho this summer just to visit some people and liked it way better over there .. We live in South rural Nampa in the remote area with acerage and mountain views ofOwahee in somewhat upper middle class area. It will cost about $460-500 thousand dollars. So I guess if we move to North Idaho, we will have less property for the money....
In my opinion, North Idaho is much prettier and I prefer the climate because it gets just the right amount of rain and snow to grow trees and lower the dust you get in Boise area but not too much and it gets much less wind than Boise area which is a huge factor for me. There are pretty and less expensive areas of North Idaho but they are going to be more remote. Sandpoint and Coeur d'Alene areas are a bit spendy. Good luck with your decision!

Old 09-12-2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
In my opinion, North Idaho is much prettier and I prefer the climate because it gets just the right amount of rain and snow to grow trees and lower the dust you get in Boise area but not too much and it gets much less wind than Boise area which is a huge factor for me. There are pretty and less expensive areas of North Idaho but they are going to be more remote. Sandpoint and Coeur d'Alene areas are a bit spendy. Good luck with your decision!
In 10 days I will be travelling to Ohio, to see if I like Amish country better... There are other things in place why we want to move. but for now these two - North Idaho or North East Ohio are of the most interest.

Old 09-13-2020, 06:06 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,276,566 times
Do I have a whopper for you. Search 719 N 2nd St, Coeur D Alene 83814. Only $799,000.

Old 09-13-2020, 06:18 PM

5,585 posts, read 5,017,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
Do I have a whopper for you. Search 719 N 2nd St, Coeur D Alene 83814. Only $799,000.

Old 09-13-2020, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
Thank you.. Not planning on living in Cour d'Alene... Interested in Sagle- Sandpoint area because of where the church is located ... Plus,the price is too high. I think I will pass
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho