Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2020, 04:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,379 times

Advertisements

Are you allowed to have chickens, pot belly pig, lamb and goat type animals in CDA area?
What's allowed in city limits?
As in a property with 1/4 to 1/2 acre?
Where can I look to see if a property I'm interested in is zoned for it?
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 05:37 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,762,172 times
Coeur d'Alene is a mature city. Residential, small lots. What you are looking for is either county property or possibly in Dalton Gardens. Both will be very expensive.

Further out might be possible. Spirit Lake. Athol. Garwood. Sagel. Those are north. Not sure what's south.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 08-26-2020, 08:19 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,472,508 times
Chickens only (no roosters) within the city limits and 2 of the others are allowed within the city limits on properties zoned R-1, single family dwellings.

From city code 6.15.010:

"A. It shall be unlawful for any person to own, keep, or maintain any domestic livestock or fowl within the limits of Coeur d'Alene, except:
1. Any person may possess chickens, excluding roosters, if the chickens are kept in a secure yard, building or other enclosure at all times;

2. Any person living on property zoned R-1 may possess up to two (2) domestic livestock; or

3. Any offspring of permitted domestic livestock may be kept until weaned."

Here is the code link: https://www.sterlingcodifiers.com/co...apter_id=64624

I am not sure if the phrase "up to two (2) domestic livestock" means a maximum of 2 individuals, or 2 species.

Old 08-26-2020, 04:19 PM

820 posts, read 1,739,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriciaGH View Post
Are you allowed to have chickens, pot belly pig, lamb and goat type animals in CDA area?
What's allowed in city limits?
As in a property with 1/4 to 1/2 acre?
Where can I look to see if a property I'm interested in is zoned for it?
Thank you.
In city limits you are going to have hard time but there is lots of county land surrounding and there is also Hayden, Post Falls and further out. Problem is you need to if internet is good in a area outside of the city if that is something you require.

Old 09-06-2020, 06:26 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,010,897 times
I just saw a story from the CdA Press today that some residents are trying to make the case for some additional regulation of backyard chickens in town. Specifically, they would like to see setback requirements put in place for chicken coops so they can't be located right on the property line. Seems like a reasonable requirement for this sort of location.

If I understood the article correctly the person making the case is a chicken keeping enthusiast who wants this done to reduce the chance that chicken keepers in CdA ruffle their neighbors feathers.

Dave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho