Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 10:57 AM

102 posts, read 134,872 times

Advertisements

Yes thats what I've heard also. No concrete info. Can't wait to live in a state I don't have to be embarrassed with!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2020, 12:43 AM

29,221 posts, read 22,418,120 times
Luv...
Quarantine regulations might be problematic for you. There are states where they aren't blocking the roads, but once inside them you can't leave where you're staying for 2 weeks once you arrive.

Some of the states out here have been very strict in this. It's a problem that's worsened by being lifted, then put back in place repeatedly, too. the quarantine is lifted, and then when there's a virus surge, to goes back in place. All the different states are doing their own thing, too.

And apparently, some cities are doing their own quarantine thing independently of their state.

It's what has kept me at home for the past couple of months. I've wanted to hit the road for quite a while now, but if I'm going to be stuck inside a friend's home for 2 weeks and unable to go visiting other friends and family, what's the point of leaving?
It's very frustrating, for sure. The places I want to go are all a day's drive away, but I don't want to have to over-stay a welcome and I don't want to have to stay in a motel for 2 weeks when I get there.

Old 08-11-2020, 09:29 AM

Thanks for that Mike. Thats what has me concerned also. For now do you know if Idaho is allowing people from out of state to come and go at will?

Old 08-11-2020, 11:12 AM

6,359 posts, read 7,789,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrunik View Post
Thanks for that Mike. That's what has me concerned also. For now do you know if Idaho is allowing people from out of state to come and go at will?
In North Idaho . . . one can "come and go" at will. No one is at the border keeping people out. The mask mandate is not even being enforced.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 08-11-2020, 12:33 PM

Thank you! Looks like I'll have to change my route. Need to check if Oregon and Washington are stopping people from driving through.

Old 08-11-2020, 03:42 PM

6,359 posts, read 7,789,193 times
Correction! The Canadian/US border is closed. The WA/ID border is open.

A month or so ago, I drove from NID to Vancouver. Through Washington, then crossing into Oregon at Tri Cities. No restrictions on driving.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 08-11-2020, 07:12 PM

Thank you again sir!

Old 08-15-2020, 09:10 AM

30 posts, read 39,865 times
Well we made it about 300 miles to Springfield, MO when our motor home started doing odd glitchy things so we parked for the night in a walmart parking lot and made the decision to come back home.

We don't give up easy, but because the issues were intermittent and not something we could just figure out and fix on the road we didn't want to risk going another 2K+ miles to NID.
Our rv has maybe 28k miles on it, my husband went over everything he could the past couple weeks to ensure a good cross country trip, we had it in for service, put on new tires, ect. grrr. Pricey piece of junk or a lemon.

We are cleaning out the rv and it is going up for sale asap, we sat in a parking lot in ID Falls for 10 days last trip waiting on parts, not doing that again...
Going to come up with a new plan to achieve our goals of moving to NID, we are pretty determined in spite of life happening, lol

Old 08-15-2020, 12:40 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,769,372 times
I extensively follow a number of folks that live and travel in their RV's for a living on Youtube. It's pretty fun to watch, but one thing has become painfully obvious. Both from those viewing experiences as well as knowing several folks in town that own them. They are "Money Pits". Something is ALWAYS going wrong with them. From leaks to engine issues, plumbing issues and electrical system problems and the list goes on and on. One reason I simply would NEVER invest in one as fun as they appear. I'm not sure if it's the stresses they go through in the travel process with all the movement and shaking and bumps etc. Who knows. But there is NO such thing as a reliable system. The most reliable setups seem to be converted Jeep Rubicon's with the camper attachment on their tops. But you won't get the luxurious bathrooms, kitchens and bedroom arrangements of the latest custom vans (Like LeisureWay and such). But for a $150k investment they are still NOT terribly reliable. I couldn't deal with that. Maybe you're different. I'm not a camper type either. Give me a bed, shower and a nice restaurant nearby.

Old 08-15-2020, 12:58 PM

30 posts, read 39,865 times
dcisive, we knew they could be problematic, we did a ton of homework for a few yrs, and still went ahead as we love being able to have privacy, not use public restrooms, hotels, and that was a couple years before this virus.
BUT, even knowing there are always issues with pricey toys, we expected to get some pleasure out of it to make the expense worthwhile, instead we just had a stressful road trip from hell, all of 300 miles, lol.

I think they suffer from mini-earthquakes going down the road in general, let alone the awful roads that are out there.
We have a gas 32 ft class A, a very pretty looking clunker. Want to buy a home in ID, so not willing to invest in a diesel which seem to have less issues in general, but very expensive repairs when they do show up.
Argh, I so wanted to be out there today ready to look/compete for homes, but not giving up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho