Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2020, 11:10 PM

176 posts, read 135,129 times

Advertisements

Hi,
What are the best cities to homeschool in Idaho?
Locations with great homeschool co-ops or even great charter schools that offer a home study option with enrichment classes would be wonderful. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 11:24 PM

8,509 posts, read 8,843,423 times
While waiting for new answers, search for homeschool using link at top right for previous answers.

Old 07-08-2020, 07:09 PM

29,223 posts, read 22,430,874 times
Idaho is a homeschool-friendly state due to our rurality. Any school district here will provide the essentials needed for homeschooling. Our PBS TV network is also homeschool friendly as it was built to be an integral part of our educational system.

Homeschooling doesn't have to be all all-or-nothing thing here. Homeschooled kids are allowed to participate in a school district's sports program and other school activities with no problems. A parent is allowed to enroll a child in a part-time situation too, I think; that may have changed, but it was available when I grew up, and when my own kids were in school here.

Some of our districts also offer occupational classes like auto mechanics, carpentry, welding, etc. as part of the curriculum. It differs from district to district. Extensive bussing routes are also available in some districts; I knew kids who were bussed from 60 miles away, up in the mountains, when I went to school here.

But be advised- Idaho will never be internet friendly in some places due to our terrain and population. Often, some of our most beautiful and remote spots are the ones where there's no internet, and few hopes for it in the future.

In others, fast reception will always be sketchy and/or slow until there's enough population to make optic cable profitable.
However, there are at least 4 cities I know of that are laying high-speed lines right now that will be billed as part of city services with the ISP a choice of provider.

So if the net is an important part of your homeschooling and life, it pays to look around and ask questions.

Old 07-09-2020, 06:35 AM

85 posts, read 138,461 times
The CDA area is supposed to have some great Co-Op's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho