Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 07:53 AM

7 posts, read 9,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpointian View Post
WA is a tax haven. Spokane?
So true !!!! We have this .... love for wanting a home on the lake so I think that's what keeps drawing us to CDA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2020, 08:49 AM

390 posts, read 307,932 times
You are young. Do it before CDA becomes more expensive as more and more people move in.
(I am biased towards mountain towns though.)

Old 05-29-2020, 04:42 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,293,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1981 View Post
So true !!!! We have this .... love for wanting a home on the lake so I think that's what keeps drawing us to CDA.
Not as easy a decision as say six years ago. CDA has become really expensive relative to local wages.

Old 12-20-2020, 02:00 AM

45 posts, read 44,772 times
I may be late to the party but you mentioned a transfer at the end of 2020 and we're still a bit from that so...
You didn't specify which lake you're looking at but we'll assume CDA. "On the lake" and "20 minutes to downtown CDA" mean you'll be travelling Hwy 95 or Hwy 97. I can't speak for 95 since they made it a 4 lane but I can tell you that travelling 97 in the winter is not going to be anything like travelling it in the summer. It's narrow, winding and heavily shaded in lots of areas. How much time have you two spent driving on icy roads along a lake/hillside that often has no railing?
If you like the WA tax structure there are several small lakes there that may suit your needs. How about along the river? In the summer CDA lake often becomes a choppy mess on the weekends from all the boat traffic although the same may be said about any lake in the area anymore. Pend Oreille doesn't suffer from the same amount of boat traffic but weather can make it like being on the ocean at times. Travel distance increases there though.
Just some things to consider for yourself or others thinking along the same lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho