Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2019, 04:14 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

https://www.kxly.com/news/sandpoint-...ays/1093938259

There was a vicious attack on a teenage girl in Sandpoint in early July (the link above covers some of the details). She was attacked by 2 people that struck her repeatedly in the face with a baseball bat, requiring hospitalization and emergency reconstructive surgery. A group of us are working on a benefit for her and her family. The event will include a motorcycle/car/hot rod "poker run", along with a 50/50 drawing and silent auction (I hope it's OK with mods to post this). Details are as follows-would be great if you could pass the word along.

Hailey’s Helping Hands is a small group of community members who are seeking to help ease the financial burden on Hailey Swansen and her family. Hailey is a 17-year-old that survived an attack with a baseball bat by two assailants on July 2, 2019 at Sandpoint City Beach. She required emergency reconstructive surgery. Hailey’s family has also endured many losses, including Hailey’s father, killed in an auto accident in 2011, and Hailey’s brother Garrett, who passed away in 2014 at the tender age of 7 from a condition called Pontocerebellar hypoplasia (PCH).

Hailey’s Helping Hands is asking for donations of items for our Silent Auction being held at Mick Duff’s Beer Hall, 220 Cedar St., Sandpoint, ID at 3:00 p.m. on August 24th, 2019. We are also accepting monetary donations and have set up an account for Hailey and her family at Spokane Teachers Credit Union (STCU). If you wish to contribute there is also a FB Fundraiser Page set up under Hailey’s Helping Hands.

We are coordinating a motorcycle ride and Poker Run on August 24th, 2019 as well which will begin at the Elks Lodge, 30196 Highway 200, Ponderay, ID. If you know of any persons who may be interested in participating our ride is scheduled for 10:00 a.m. with KSU @ 11:30 a.m. The Silent Auction will begin after the ride.

We will have a banner there for everyone to sign that will be presented to Hailey to remind her that she has support on her bad days. We encourage those who wish to support Hailey to stop in and sign it!
We thank you in advance for your participation and any support you can provide! For questions or additional information, email kendra_dodge@yahoo.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 06:07 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,748,815 times
That was just unbelievable and then the perpetrator and her cohorts harassing Hailey and her family online and via text. Horrendous.
I had no idea of the tragedy she has already gone through in her young life. She is in my thoughts and prayers and I’m happy to know of this fundraiser.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:06 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
That was just unbelievable and then the perpetrator and her cohorts harassing Hailey and her family online and via text. Horrendous.
I had no idea of the tragedy she has already gone through in her young life. She is in my thoughts and prayers and I’m happy to know of this fundraiser.
Hailey and her family have been adopted by the local "biker community". We'll be accompanying her to future court dates whenever the trial(s) take place. At the arraignment for the adult, the family was harassed and threatened by the family/friends of the assailant. That will end.

Hailey is a great kid-we've taken her on a few rides and had her family over to my place for one of our BBQs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho