Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 09:12 AM

7 posts, read 9,372 times

Advertisements

After falling in love with N Idaho 30 years ago, the stars have finally aligned (finally work from home and wife says OK) and we are preparing to move there. So next year the area will become home to another gun loving, libertarian leaning, homeschooling family.

We are flying into Spokane the middle of Sept and will spend a week visiting the area as well as driving over to Glacier Park. I've visited N Idaho every few years or so over the past 20 years, so I'm famliar with the growth and growing pains the area has experienced but it will be the first visit for my kids and only the third time my wife has been there. We've always lived among the corn fields of Iowa so it will be quite the change of scenery.

After the Sept trip we'll start preparing to sell our house, list it next January and when it sells, off we go.

We're planning to rent somewhere in the CDA metro area for a year and then will probably buy a small acreage somewhere north of CDA but close enough for kids to take classes at the community college.

Anyway, just wanted to post a short intro and say I enjoy this forum and have found so much helpful information here. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 10:07 AM

88 posts, read 153,933 times
Nice intro, good luck with your plan.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:21 AM

2,395 posts, read 3,011,522 times
Welcome, and I second the good luck wishes for your plan.

I work for a company that has it's HQ in Iowa, so I spend a fair amount of time there. We plan to move to Sagle when I retire in a few years.

Dave

Old 08-18-2014, 04:47 PM

138 posts, read 269,886 times
Hi! We too are hoping to head to the area when our house sells.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:27 PM

820 posts, read 1,739,471 times
Congrats and welcome!

Old 08-19-2014, 10:36 AM

151 posts, read 203,840 times
Hi, welcome! We also are a homeschooling family and are planning to move to the CDA area, besides the natural beauty, having local colleges was also on our list as our children aren't little ones. We are preparing to put our house on the market and my husband has started looking at the job market up there. Hoping to get there sooner rather than later.

Would love to hear about your trip in Sept.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:43 AM

7 posts, read 9,372 times
Thanks for the good wishes and welcomes. I'll be sure to post a trip report when we get back. I have the basic daily to-do trip plan laid out and am in the process of deciding which geocaches we'll search for while we're out there. I Just hope the weather is decent and not too rainy. We'll see...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho