Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 05:48 PM

31 posts, read 109,472 times

Advertisements

Here is what i know about Lewiston. It smells.... really nasty. My Step Dad lived there and moved away, because there were no good jobs. He's an Electrican and couldn't find work.Go figure. You would think with a mill, they would have something.
My Best Friend lives there and her kids seem to really be doing well in School. So i should give props. There is also a college so that is something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 06:44 PM

21 posts, read 116,263 times
I moved from twin falls idaho to Clarkston wa. and lived there for 6 months. I cant say I enjoyed too much of it. My husband and I lived in the Westridge apartments above the golfcourse and we had a steady smell of the glorious mill! Main street in clarkston was where the strange people like to wonder, thats all I'll say.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:18 PM

114 posts, read 572,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurd4wurd View Post
I only referenced an acquaintance's experience. Obviously, there are good and bad parts of every town/city - that goes without saying and in all likelihood the married couple I know doesn't live in the best part of town.
I have lived in Coeur d'Alene for 3+ years (actually I am not within the city limits) and have never had any reason to feel unsafe either in my home or while in town.
Again, I meant no disrespect toward any Lewiston residents. In fact, I have to say that one of the most amazing scenic vistas ever is on 95 South during the approach to Lewiston. It truly is spectacular and each time I make the drive from Coeur d'Alene to Boise that scenic overlook takes my breath away!
I wonder if anyone has any good spring and summer pictures of that overlook.

I've only been up the switchback once and it was hot july then and I was just sweating at the time. I have a few photos of lewiston but haven't seen one of the overlook you describe. Did you take any photos?

Thanks MajorHart majorhart@sbcglobal.net

Old 05-07-2008, 12:53 AM

2 posts, read 11,421 times
Default I love Lewiston but......

Have you heard of Potlach??? Well you might since you are on the Oregon Coast. Lewiston and Clarkston, are in a low point so you will often smell that Potlachy smell. Beautiful and wonderful people though. You just have to get past the smell.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:06 PM

1 posts, read 9,012 times
Default the smell of lewiston

didn't your momma tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?
the smell, we how love the valley, is money. my family has lived here since '93 and nothing but good has come of it.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 8,904 times
Hi new bogger How often does it get over 100 summertime winter does lewiston get snowed in needs snowplows or can you drive around without chains? What areas to avoid living in
in Lewiston compare to orfino? By the way how much does it cost to take dial ride for someone on medicare like to save on gas. Here is a great opportunity to make new a new friend?

Old 12-13-2008, 07:36 AM

3 posts, read 19,215 times
I too am looking to am looking to move to Idaho, from Edgewood, NM. I have read that Lewiston is too brown for peeps from the PacNW. It is pretty flat prairie and also brown in late summer/winter here. I am looking for a change, lower crime, cleaner land, affordable land (looking for as much acreage as possible) and more snow than we get here. I run a Mac Tools Distributorship therefore need a decently sized city to support us. Any info would be appreciated.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:29 PM

804 posts, read 2,891,278 times
Thumbs down Paper plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches97467 View Post
We may possibly be relocationg to Lewiston Idaho from Oregon on the coast. There are several other places in different states we may be relocationg to...its all up in the air right now. But this is ONE of the places. I need to know as much as possible about this area.

School, shopping (of any kind) crime rates, community, neighborhoods, cost of living, what is the tax rate (in Oregon we don't have sales tax!) whould you reccomend another town that is better that is close by Lewiston? How much are houses (3+bd) renting for...we currently rent a 3bd 1ba split level for $700mo. what kind of recreation is there, parks...all that kind of stuff that you would want to know if you were relocating to a new state, we have 4 girls 13,11,2 and 4mos. I need to know everything! any and all info you can give me is greatly appreciated! thanks so much!
Ok so the biggest downfall of Lewiston is the paper plant and the smell. The locals say you get used to it after a while and I guess I can see that. We go down there fishing/hunting a lot and it's a nice area that is big enough (with Clarkston right there) to have what you need but small enough you can relax. I can't comment on the crime rate or any of that becaue I do not honestly know and I do not want to steer you wrong. With that said it seems like a pretty quiet town with no big problems. Good Luck.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:29 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,706 times
I know they make 4 million 22 long rifle cartridges a day there at the CCI factory.!! Seems like a decent place to me.. Not many tree's, but the river is awesome. I dont notice it smelling all that bad when I have travelled through there.. I like a greener locale myself, but its not a bad place by any means. They had the cheapest gas of my whole trip the last time I went up too..

Heres a pic from that area I took a few months back..
Attached Thumbnails
What can you tell me about Lewiston Idaho?-aaashop1.jpg  

Old 12-16-2008, 06:24 AM

3 posts, read 19,215 times
hows the snowfall there? I've been looking around Orofino for property and it looks pretty green but am concerned of movig to the same place I live now, ie flat desert with an unaccessable river and escape to the pinion and juniper of the the mountains. We do get more snow than Albuquerque, but I'm looking for a place that gets six inches or more at a time and perhaps an accumulation of feet with successive storms. I'm also tired of spending a fortune to irrigate during the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho