Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 11:27 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times

Advertisements

The area close to the event was pretty tense, I can only imagine what the event was like... 'anyone attend Saturday? How was it? Was it worth it? I saw they sold out all versions of tickets, even the $1900 ones! I have a house a couple of blocks away and noticed a lot of people biking, walking on their way... then later tonight, I heard them on their way back. It sounds like they had a great time. They sounded pretty drunk.

Any pics would be cool, or I can wait for the lame ones in the Chronicle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 09:09 AM

2,367 posts, read 4,696,696 times
Just about every one of my friends went to it. I am sick so I could not go. I have actually never been, but I will go next year. Everyone loves it. Just buy your tickets early. It is not too expensive. Check the Houston Chronicle for pictures.

Last edited by Schumacher713; 06-02-2013 at 09:19 AM..

Old 06-02-2013, 11:15 AM

Default Yes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
Just about every one of my friends went to it. I am sick so I could not go. I have actually never been, but I will go next year. Everyone loves it. Just buy your tickets early. It is not too expensive. Check the Houston Chronicle for pictures.
I heard the cheapest ticket was $169, but if you by them in August for next year, they will be (or they were) about $50. These are just admission tickets, no fast lines, food, etc. The $1900 tickets this year got you in, fast pass, free booze and food. I could have more fun with $1900 though than at this event.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:24 AM

2,367 posts, read 4,696,696 times
Most people I know buy them way in advance. At east you sell them for a profit. I have a friend selling a fancy pants ticket for 200 about two days ago.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:10 PM

4,383 posts, read 4,625,432 times
It was packed but to expensive for me. I went to another fest called Crunk Fest (more local hip hop acts and only 15 dollars) had a good ass time there.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:35 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,705,196 times
Did everyone fire it up when Devin the Dude was playing?

Old 06-02-2013, 06:56 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,148,494 times
Yeah, tickets were $50 when the opened for purchase, but if you bought them last minute they were $160. I didn't by because I was waiting to hear back from an internship in NYC.

It's OK though, I'm going to Beer Fest.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:28 AM

Default I'm too old...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
It was packed but to expensive for me. I went to another fest called Crunk Fest (more local hip hop acts and only 15 dollars) had a good ass time there.
I had to look it up; I do not/did not know what a 'Crunk' is. I thought the 'Spider Man Slide' was funny; the white chick with the tattoo on her back was fun to watch. Was that an Eagle, or bat?

I watched the following video to the end only because I was expecting to hear fire cracker noises. You know I'm right! It sure as hell looks like a powder keg, it is good they don't sell booze... at least I did not notice anyone drinking.

All kidding aside, it looks like people were having a good time, a different experience than FPSF for sure.

CRUNKFEST 5 BALLROOM CLUB EXCALIBUR - YouTube

Old 06-03-2013, 11:09 AM

4,383 posts, read 4,625,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I had to look it up; I do not/did not know what a 'Crunk' is. I thought the 'Spider Man Slide' was funny; the white chick with the tattoo on her back was fun to watch. Was that an Eagle, or bat?

I watched the following video to the end only because I was expecting to hear fire cracker noises. You know I'm right! It sure as hell looks like a powder keg, it is good they don't sell booze... at least I did not notice anyone drinking.

All kidding aside, it looks like people were having a good time, a different experience than FPSF for sure.

CRUNKFEST 5 BALLROOM CLUB EXCALIBUR - YouTube
Lol,that's a different crunk fest in another state. Looks like high school students. The Crunk Fest in Houston was a more adult crowd and located on Hardy rd near the "Warehouse district" Eado. It was to combat the expensive prices of Free Press plus more local Houston acts get shine.

Here go a snippet of last year's Crunk the fest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVyvX...e_gdata_player

Last edited by Redlionjr; 06-03-2013 at 11:21 AM..

Old 06-03-2013, 11:13 AM

240 posts, read 808,222 times
I attended with a friend. We are both lovers of all types of music. I felt a bit out of place (we are both in our late 40's) but could see how it would be a blast for those in their 20's and 30's. We left early because the heat was brutal. I probably would have enjoyed this much more if it had been held in the winter or fall but then again it wouldn't be called Summer Fest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston