Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 08:32 AM

2,775 posts, read 3,758,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
A quick strut assembly on RockAuto is $92, and this dealer wants $1200 to replace it?

Anyways, if it's creaking it's probably not the strut itself, but rather the rubber bushing in the mount.
I'm just going off of what the dealership is telling me. I'm not planning on keeping the car past early next year, so I'll do the bare minimum to keep this thing together and dump it in a few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2023, 08:35 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Have you looked into the terms of Lemon Laws in your state? They can vary quite a bit.

Old 09-19-2023, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
A quick strut assembly on RockAuto is $92, and this dealer wants $1200 to replace it?

Anyways, if it's creaking it's probably not the strut itself, but rather the rubber bushing in the mount.
I just looked on that website but everything is out of stock.

Old 09-19-2023, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Have you looked into the terms of Lemon Laws in your state? They can vary quite a bit.
It looks like the dealership needs to attempt the repair 3-4 times for it to be considered a lemon. I'm not sure if what I'm going through qualifies.

Old 09-19-2023, 08:56 AM

8,628 posts, read 9,132,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
It looks like the dealership needs to attempt the repair 3-4 times for it to be considered a lemon. I'm not sure if what I'm going through qualifies.
You should look into it. Something is way out of wack with that car. At the very least, if the dealer knows you may look into the lemon law they may cover the cost to keep you happy.

Old 09-19-2023, 09:23 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post

It might be worth contacting HONDA's local zone office yourself, that seems like a ridiculous amount of repair work for a HONDA in such a short time period, especially that much suspension repair.

Old 09-19-2023, 09:31 AM

9,405 posts, read 11,153,578 times
Quote:
It might be worth contacting HONDA's local zone office yourself, that seems like a ridiculous amount of repair work for a HONDA in such a short time period, especially that much suspension repair.
Maybe mention that OP is going to talk to the local newspaper about his lemon and the repair costs.

Old 09-19-2023, 09:35 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
It sounds as though the first sets were flawed. Now, what made the replacement struts do the exact same thing?
Exactly. That was my reaction. Well, one of my several reactions to this story. OP, they should replace their own replacemet struts at their cost, based on some kind of repair warranty/guarantee. I thought most shops guarantee their work for at least a year. Look into it.

Otherwise, my reaction is: you got a lemon. BOY, did you get a lemon! Hondas normally don't need any repair at all until they approach around 200K miles in age. I would have returned the car to the dealership before the warranty ran out, and asked for a functional vehicle. I don't know what dealerships do in a circumstance like that, but they know that it's far from normal for their brand to require so many fundamental repairs within the original warranty period,or at all.

Or you could trade it in at a Toyota dealership, or a generic used car dealership, and get a used Toyota. You'd be much happier with one of those. I'd be tempted to tell the Honda dealership that you're throwing in the towel (especially if they want to charge you for a 3rd set of struts), and that I'm going to their competitor for a reliable used car.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 09-19-2023 at 10:19 AM..

Old 09-19-2023, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
You should look into it. Something is way out of wack with that car. At the very least, if the dealer knows you may look into the lemon law they may cover the cost to keep you happy.
I probably should. I'm still waiting on Honda to get back to me. If they don't cover this latest repair, I'll see about getting a free consultation with a lemon law attorney.

Old 09-19-2023, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Is there something specific to look for? When I googled Honda I get all sorts of results. I can try calling the customer service number. Not sure if that will help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura