Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2023, 03:21 PM

13,056 posts, read 18,121,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle22 View Post
I'm a painter and love color.
When I want to emphasize a color I will put a small bit of the opposite color next to the color I want to stand out.
Green is the opposite, you'll have to go to a paint store and pick up some paint chips to decide WHICH green.
I already suggest this previously and he is set on his original color scheme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2023, 05:50 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,341,534 times
I got my two sets of ornaments today. One I think was a good match, but the other was too bright. I will exchange them for a different one in a paler, pinker, shade of rose gold. Hopefully they look good.

Old 11-08-2023, 06:42 PM

7,104 posts, read 4,825,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I got my two sets of ornaments today. One I think was a good match, but the other was too bright. I will exchange them for a different one in a paler, pinker, shade of rose gold. Hopefully they look good.
Hopefully you’re going to post some pictures for us! It sounds pretty.

Old 11-09-2023, 06:03 PM

Here are photos of my tree. Looks great.
Attached Thumbnails
Ordered my first pink Christmas tree for my bedroom-20231109_175754.jpg   Ordered my first pink Christmas tree for my bedroom-20231109_175735.jpg  

Old 11-09-2023, 06:23 PM

7,104 posts, read 4,825,782 times
Oh, it’s adorable, PJ! Nice job!

Old 11-09-2023, 07:57 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
With pink Christmas trees being trendy, I decided to order a 4-foot one for myself for my bedroom. I bought some pink lights to go with it. I will use my extra Kasa smart plug to control the lights.

Just wondering about the decorations. I ordered the decorations in rose gold to give a slight contrast to the pale pink of the tree, instead of doing pure pink decorations on a pink tree. Does anyone think this is a good look?

Where did you buy the tree from? Post a link so we can see what shade of pink it is.

When I think pink Christmas trees, I think Barbie. I have collected Hallmark Barbie ornaments back in the 90's and 2000's. I also have a Hallmark mini tree with Barbie ornaments.

Back about 2006, I went nuts buying hand made pink glass ornaments on ebay. I spent a small fortune on some of them, bidding against other people. I think there are a few blue based and green based ornaments. They would look good on a pink tree as long as the coloring is the right pink on the pink tree. I think I may pick up a pink mini tree, then look for a table top 4 footer on clearance after Christmas.

My daughter is the pink along with rose gold person. She uses all sorts of pink and rose gold papers to scrapbook/ journal.

Old 11-09-2023, 08:26 PM

This is the tree that I bought:

HomeKaren Pre-Lit Artificial Christmas Tree 4Ft, Battery Operated Desktop Xmas Tree with 70 LED 210 Branch Tips Mini Christmas Tree Decoration Indoor Outdoor https://a.co/d/a0glqUx

The actual color is lighter than it appears in the photo on Amazon.

I do NOT recommended using the included lights unless you string them yourself. They did a shoddy job on stringing them. I had to completely remove them before assembling the tree. I used my own plug-in pink lights because I wanted to use my Kasa Smart Plug plus I wanted pink lights instead of white.

Old 11-09-2023, 10:17 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
This is the tree that I bought:

HomeKaren Pre-Lit Artificial Christmas Tree 4Ft, Battery Operated Desktop Xmas Tree with 70 LED 210 Branch Tips Mini Christmas Tree Decoration Indoor Outdoor https://a.co/d/a0glqUx

The actual color is lighter than it appears in the photo on Amazon.

I do NOT recommended using the included lights unless you string them yourself. They did a shoddy job on stringing them. I had to completely remove them before assembling the tree. I used my own plug-in pink lights because I wanted to use my Kasa Smart Plug plus I wanted pink lights instead of white.

Thanks for the link, very nice trees. I'm torn between the 3 and 4 foot. I like them both lol

Thanks for the tip on the lights. I'd have to see what the prestrung ones look like.

Old 11-10-2023, 03:17 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,195,052 times
Quote:
Thanks for the photos!
Do I hear a soft jazz playing in the background?

Your pink /rose gold combo looks good!

If you don’t mind me saying - the tree topper doesn’t suit this look. Don’t love the texture/color and the size of the star is a wrong proportion

Maybe try capiz shell tree topper? If you could find it in an appropriate smaller size?

https://www.vermontcountrystore.com/...04b17b4dac95c7

Or this type pink or gold topper?

https://www.orientaltrading.com/nati...1e1f5&BP=PS544

Your challenge will be to find the right size to not overwhelm the tree and the right shade of pink/gold, but go with the glass, not plastic - plastic with glitter cheapens the decor.

If you can’t find an appropriate size you could be better off making pink/gold ribbon tree topper yourself - shouldn’t be expensive

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1189001...f%3A1189001615

Etsy has smaller size pink star tree topper which could be better size and color wise? If you want to stick with the plastic star
https://www.etsy.com/listing/5215416...search_click=1

P.S.
I am shocked, absolutely shocked that your other decor: the paint on the walls, the color of the carpeting and the shades have very little pink in them…
trying to be safe with your decor, aren’t we?

PPS. The IKEA is currently selling very pale but pink 100%cotton velvet curtains..they ship..

You have to add more pink in your decor; otherwise we have to strip you of your name here on CD!

Last edited by L00k4ward; 11-10-2023 at 03:39 AM..

Old 11-10-2023, 05:33 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,580,966 times
Quote:

Too many ornaments, detracts from the tree itself, and I don't like the garland, it also detracts from the tree. It looks weighted down, to me. I like the example posted by allthatglitters. That is a beautiful pink tree.

I would never put anything black or really dark on a pink tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
Pink Christmas trees are in demand...Try to not over-decorate, keep it simple. That way the tree will have greater impact and be the center of attention.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1200_.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating