Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2017, 06:16 AM

95 posts, read 110,169 times

Advertisements

Hi, I've got two papillomas on my back. Please see the attachment. What is the best way to get rid of them? Doctors sometimes cut it off with a lancet, sometimes with a laser, sometimes with electricity. Each way has its pros and cons.
Attached Thumbnails
Best way to eradicate papillomas-02.jpg   Best way to eradicate papillomas-03.jpg   Best way to eradicate papillomas-04.jpg   Best way to eradicate papillomas-.jpg   Best way to eradicate papillomas-b.jpg  

Best way to eradicate papillomas-c.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 09:46 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
My dog had some papillomas on and in her mouth. The vet did surgery to remove them and they came back tenfold -- actually, even more so, and she ended up with at least 30 of them.

The vet then wanted to do more surgery but I was afraid of more papillmas popping up. So I researched the internet and found that a lot of dog owners have had the same problem. They treated the papillomas with the antibiotic azithromycin, 250 mg daily for 14 days, then a couple of days off and then another round for 14 more days. All the owners said the papillomas fell off either within that timedframe or shortly thereafter. The thought is that, while papillomas are a virus and antibiotics arent effective against viruses, the azithromycin kills the bacteria on which the papillomas feed.

My vet either didnt believe the azithromycin would work or he didnt want to lose the opportunity for more expensive surgery, so he wouldnt sell the azithromycin to me. So I bought it online from a vet in California. I gave it to my dog and, yes, the papillomas started to fall off during the 2nd round of treatment.

When I told my vet how the azithromycin had worked, he said that papillomas have a limited lifespan and they'd have fallen off anyway. But he couldnt explain why she had had the original papillomas for two years.

I dont know if azithromycin would be effective against human papillomas but, if I had them, I'd use azithromycin before doing anything else.

https://www.google.com/search?q=azit...utf-8&oe=utf-8

http://www.askavetquestion.com/answe...apilloma-virus

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=60473

Old 03-16-2017, 03:35 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
My dog had some papillomas on and in her mouth. The vet did surgery to remove them and they came back tenfold -- actually, even more so, and she ended up with at least 30 of them.

The vet then wanted to do more surgery but I was afraid of more papillmas popping up. So I researched the internet and found that a lot of dog owners have had the same problem. They treated the papillomas with the antibiotic azithromycin, 250 mg daily for 14 days, then a couple of days off and then another round for 14 more days. All the owners said the papillomas fell off either within that timedframe or shortly thereafter. The thought is that, while papillomas are a virus and antibiotics arent effective against viruses, the azithromycin kills the bacteria on which the papillomas feed.

My vet either didnt believe the azithromycin would work or he didnt want to lose the opportunity for more expensive surgery, so he wouldnt sell the azithromycin to me. So I bought it online from a vet in California. I gave it to my dog and, yes, the papillomas started to fall off during the 2nd round of treatment.

When I told my vet how the azithromycin had worked, he said that papillomas have a limited lifespan and they'd have fallen off anyway. But he couldnt explain why she had had the original papillomas for two years.

I dont know if azithromycin would be effective against human papillomas but, if I had them, I'd use azithromycin before doing anything else.

https://www.google.com/search?q=azit...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Azithromycin and Papilloma Virus Warts. | Ask A Vet

Anti biotic treatment for canine oral papilloma?? - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca
Canine oral papillomas are not the same as skin tags in humans, there is no indication for Zithromax and zero chance that it would effectively treat these lesions in humans....

Old 03-16-2017, 03:49 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Canine oral papillomas are not the same as skin tags in humans, there is no indication for Zithromax and zero chance that it would effectively treat these lesions in humans....

I responded to the OP only because he described his lesions as papillomas and they look exactly like the ones my dog had. She also had papillomas on her abdomen -- I just didnt mention it in my post because they were most numerous in and around her mouth. And my vet was adamant that azithromycin wouldnt be effective, but sometimes "experts" are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness