Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 06:17 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,959,824 times

Advertisements

So I've been sick for 7 years I have Dysautonomia, Neurocardiogenic Syncopy, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia, PFO (hole in my heart ) and Mitral Valve Prolpase as well as chronic vertigo... Of all these conditions these sores and bumps do not fit with these conidtions. I've had biopsies on both and my mouth (only occur on my tongue) came back as Chronic Inflammation and my fingers as nothing but the same.

Issue is when i have them I feel TERRIBLE. Like I have the flu almost I guess (without the puking) and it can last for a long time. The ones on my tongue feel like burns almost and it looks like I loose all my taste buds where they are. The ones on my fingers hurt too they look fluid filled perhaps but do not puss or get a head like a pimple. Any ideas (i've seen pics of geographic tongue which look similar but it feel like mine are connected with an illness)

Tongue `

this is NOTHING as far as sores they cover my tongue I wish I had a better picture. I used to if it happens again which it will I'll post but i can see them along the edges and some on top

fingers

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/76202_10150319615810634_536245633_15912414_5241945 _n.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 06:31 PM

1,239 posts, read 2,008,151 times
Hand foot and mouth disease..".my boys just got over it. One had it in all three places, one only had it on the hands and feet.

Well I just reread yor post and it sounds as though they may recurring so that would rule out hfmd.

Maybe a virus in the herpes family?

Old 09-24-2011, 06:35 PM

I've been tested for herpies, lupus, AIDS and mostly all sexually transmitted diseases (altho I've only ever been with my husband ) this started appearing 7 years ago after a cruise to mexico. I fell deathly ill about a week after I got back and I've been Chronic ever since. Its very baffling

Old 09-24-2011, 07:31 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
It looks like hives. Also, this probably doesn't apply to you personally but...just because -you- haven't been with anyone other than your husband, doesn't mean you're immune to sexually transmitted diseases. If your husband has been with anyone, he could pick them up, and transmit them to you.

Your photos really do look more like hives though, than anything else. You might be allergic to one of the medications you're been taking for all those other problems. I'm assuming you -are- taking medications for them. Pills have fillers, some of which might be allergens. Also some pills have dyes, which might also trigger allergic reactions.

You've had these heart problems for 7 years, and you've experienced these "rash-like" bumps for 7 years. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:21 PM

My husband has only ever been with me (we are highshool sweethearts) I know he's never cheated .. I actually do not take any medications for my conditions at the moment but have occasionally thru the years. The sores tho do not conincide with medications I've thought that too.. All out mystery! They look like hives but only ever stay on those fingers. They started out just one or two bumps on my pointer finger. Now they've migrated to my middle and third and are now started on the pointer of my left hand.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:54 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Hives as a symptom of contact dermatitis, is able to only affect that area that something came in contact with. If you had been taking medications, and "broke out" within a day of taking them, then it'd make sense to only have it on fingers and tongue, because that's where pills would have come in contact with your skin (pick up the pill, put it on your tongue, then wash it down with something, which could dilute it and not cause choking or swelling of the throat).

Barring that though, I'd still bring it to the attention of a dermatologist to test for allergies. One other possibility - however remote: do you eat SweetTarts, Pixie Stix, or other sour candy? Concentrated citric acid in foods can cause your taste buds to "burn" and is also mildly caustic to the skin. These kinds of candy have high, concentrated, granular citric acid crystals in them, far more than a teaspoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice.

I would totally not rule out allergies and that would've been my -first- stop, whenever -any- kind of rash-like appearance occured on my skin.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:10 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,647,005 times
Have you been tested for Celiac Disease? Celiac disease has an abundance of symptoms that vary with different people. All of your symptoms are noted in Celiac. And onset can be at any age.

I would see an Immunologist to rule this out or any other allergy.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:18 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,863,876 times
My daughter has geographical tongue and it does look like that, often with larger sores, but it isn't painful at all.

Have you tried keeping a food journal to look at what you're eating before the sores come up?

Old 09-25-2011, 01:28 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,274,049 times
Sweetbottoms....I used to get sores like that in my mouth, but now no longer do...for me it was just cutting out refined sugers....same with the bumps on your hands...only I used to get them on the insides of my fore-arms....it proved to be an allergy.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Sweetbottoms....I used to get sores like that in my mouth, but now no longer do...for me it was just cutting out refined sugers....same with the bumps on your hands...only I used to get them on the insides of my fore-arms....it proved to be an allergy.
Thank you I'm suspicious too as others have state it does seem like an allergy (I have not kept a food journal) but I have been tested for allergies before just not food it was ur normal run of the mill stuff like weeds, dust etc. I'm in the process of getting an appointment with an allergist to start the process.. Just overnight my tongue went from that above to this..

i've gotten new ones and the old have gotten bigger.
Attached Thumbnails
Sores in mouth, bumps on fingers (pics)-tongue.jpg   Sores in mouth, bumps on fingers (pics)-tongue2.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness