Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 07:01 AM

26,908 posts, read 27,115,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4khansen View Post
My fingers are crossed that it will take too much time to completely dismantle Obamacare that ...
Looks as if it'll be delayed until after the 2020 election. https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...s=mcnewsletter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2019, 07:39 AM

15,475 posts, read 25,949,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Looks as if it'll be delayed until after the 2020 election. https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...s=mcnewsletter
Who says the courts will wait until after 2020?

Old 04-03-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Who says the courts will wait until after 2020?
A problem for Trump is that the litigation could take months to resolve — or longer — and there’s no guarantee he’ll get the outcomes he wants before the 2020 election.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ts_139921.html

Old 04-04-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
A problem for Trump is that the litigation could take months to resolve — or longer — and there’s no guarantee he’ll get the outcomes he wants before the 2020 election.
That's what I was thinking. However, surely the current court will decide before 2020.

Old 04-05-2019, 04:58 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,790,666 times
I don't think ACA will go away, I think there is a good possibility the supplements (discounts) will be eliminated. Which is a real bummer for those of us with pre-existing who are a decade away from Medicare.

Old 04-05-2019, 07:02 PM

956 posts, read 799,985 times
Quote:
The way I interpret that statement after reading the article is that the courts COULD strike down Obamacare sometime before the 2020 election; however, the time between that decision and the election will not be enough time to get a new health care law passed. That article states: "Trump seems unfazed by the potential risks".

I'm thinking that Trump doesn't expect the court to strike down the law. He wants to amp up the rhetoric to show he's still trying to keep a campaign promise and repeal Obamacare. However, he now risks a total calamity it the court DOES strike down Obamacare before the election, causing complete havoc in the individual insurance market. I don't know how the court could justify setting aside a decision until after the election, if they determine a law is unconstitutional. So all H will break loose and likely hand the presidency to the Democrats. Trump is putting it all on the line. He better hope RBG can keep chugging along. It will be interesting to see if conservative justices reverse their vote from the previous decision, to save Trump's presidency.

I can just hear Trump now if the court does strike down the law: "No, I never supported ending Obamcare until a replacement was ready. I feel the SC is attempting to usurp the power of Congress in this decision, legislating from the bench. Republicans have a replacement ready now, but the Democrats are deliberately blocking passage of our bill to sabotage my campaign. ... "

Last edited by mitchmiller9; 04-05-2019 at 07:14 PM..

Old 04-06-2019, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmiller9 View Post
I'm thinking that Trump doesn't expect the court to strike down the law. He wants to amp up the rhetoric to show he's still trying to keep a campaign promise and repeal Obamacare.
He has to be completely ignorant not to realize that overturning the ACA will undoubtedly turn many voters against him.....as in over 4 million Americans who benefit from the ACA.

Old 04-06-2019, 06:22 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,347,337 times
Quote:
The way I interpret that statement after reading the article is that the courts COULD strike down Obamacare sometime before the 2020 election; however, the time between that decision and the election will not be enough time to get a new health care law passed. That article states: "Trump seems unfazed by the potential risks".

I'm thinking that Trump doesn't expect the court to strike down the law. He wants to amp up the rhetoric to show he's still trying to keep a campaign promise and repeal Obamacare. However, he now risks a total calamity it the court DOES strike down Obamacare before the election, causing complete havoc in the individual insurance market. I don't know how the court could justify setting aside a decision until after the election, if they determine a law is unconstitutional. So all H will break loose and likely hand the presidency to the Democrats. Trump is putting it all on the line. He better hope RBG can keep chugging along. It will be interesting to see if conservative justices reverse their vote from the previous decision, to save Trump's presidency.

I can just hear Trump now if the court does strike down the law: "No, I never supported ending Obamcare until a replacement was ready. I feel the SC is attempting to usurp the power of Congress in this decision, legislating from the bench. Republicans have a replacement ready now, but the Democrats are deliberately blocking passage of our bill to sabotage my campaign. ... "
Yes, this! Classic Trump defensive move.

Old 04-06-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:

The only thing I differ with is the initials SC. It's very likely the the SC will not decide before the election. It's not at that level yet. Of course, it is possible that they get the case and rule on it before the election. I just doubt that they will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance