Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 07:34 PM

37 posts, read 50,877 times

Advertisements

I am sooooo unhappy with Anthem Blue Shield here in Texas! In California I had Kaiser and everything was paid for, or at least you knew before you went for testing exactly what your co-pay was going to be.
Here, I am only eligible for Anthem Blue Shield (LAUSD only offers ABS for those of us who moved to Texas) Since I've been here, I have paid a doctor's office co-pay, tests co-pays. Its really annoying! Does co-pay amounts depend on the doctor? Can a change of doctors get lower out-of-pocket-costs? This is making me consider moving back to the West Coast where I can get Kaiser...Oregon,
Washington State, or yes...even back to Cali. I hear Georgia has Kaiser too...
Oh what to do! What to do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 05:01 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,287,454 times
It has nothing to do with the insurance company and everything to do with the kind of plan you have...do some reading on how insurance works please...

Old 04-21-2014, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 4,513 times
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield/Wellpoint in Virginia SUCKS !!! My husband died 6 months ago so I had to get a new insurance policy. I worked for him & we had group insurance then with Anthem BC/BS. They always paid for a certain medication I need before -- it is expensive -- but now, with the Obamacare version of Anthem's insurance, the drug isn't on their "formulary" and they won't cover it. They also won't pay for most of the doctors I regularly see -- they're all "out of network." Why am I paying for insurance if I can't get my meds or see my doctors? Who the hell do they think they are?

Last edited by Gooby56; 04-21-2014 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-22-2014, 09:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Yep; its the policy terms as paid for in buying.Its like any insurance you can buy better or lessor plans and pay for them. ACA does allow say a company to make adjustments in terms not prohibited by mandates. just as coverage in out of pocket cost varies with the federal exchange in bronze;silver and gold plans.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:22 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,901,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooby56 View Post
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield/Wellpoint in Virginia SUCKS !!! My husband died 6 months ago so I had to get a new insurance policy. I worked for him & we had group insurance then with Anthem BC/BS. They always paid for a certain medication I need before -- it is expensive -- but now, with the Obamacare version of Anthem's insurance, the drug isn't on their "formulary" and they won't cover it. They also won't pay for most of the doctors I regularly see -- they're all "out of network." Why am I paying for insurance if I can't get my meds or see my doctors? Who the hell do they think they are?
Simple solution, change doctors to those that are in the network or upgrade your plan.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:58 PM

3 posts, read 5,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
It has nothing to do with the insurance company and everything to do with the kind of plan you have...do some reading on how insurance works please...
As I mentioned in my original post. I had NO CHOICE in the type of plan I was allowed to utilize. Please read posts COMPLETELY BEFORE making snarky comments.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:19 PM

7,514 posts, read 13,611,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EVCali View Post
I am sooooo unhappy with Anthem Blue Shield here in Texas! In California I had Kaiser and everything was paid for, or at least you knew before you went for testing exactly what your co-pay was going to be.
Here, I am only eligible for Anthem Blue Shield (LAUSD only offers ABS for those of us who moved to Texas) Since I've been here, I have paid a doctor's office co-pay, tests co-pays. Its really annoying! Does co-pay amounts depend on the doctor? Can a change of doctors get lower out-of-pocket-costs? This is making me consider moving back to the West Coast where I can get Kaiser...Oregon,
Washington State, or yes...even back to Cali. I hear Georgia has Kaiser too...
Oh what to do! What to do!
Denver & Colo Springs are Kaiser locations.............

Old 12-18-2014, 08:33 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
I have no problem having to pay co pays or even pay for tests. What would your policy cover if it was 100% free? Just save up some money for medical costs...or go back to Oregon.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,184 times
Default wake up Alice

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Insurance companies do what ever suits their wallet.Insurance policies and laws change constantly who can keep up with it.From my experience the customer service rep has to talk to someone else at times to give an answer.They can pay for what ever they want.It all comes down to MONEY in their pocket. Wake up Alice leave Wonder Land.Face the real world.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:52 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
One needs to know what they are buy ;so no buyer regrets afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance