Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2019, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 572 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Newport News soon with my fiancé and I am trying to figure out a rough estimate of what our budget will look like. We will have a 2bd apartment. What are YOUR average costs for water and electricity? TYIA!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2019, 05:25 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,464,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliviabeaton View Post
I will be moving to Newport News soon with my fiancé and I am trying to figure out a rough estimate of what our budget will look like. We will have a 2bd apartment. What are YOUR average costs for water and electricity? TYIA!!
Depends on the efficiency of your apartment. Old construction will be expensive. Like $200 a month or more. New construction maybe as little as $50 a month. Old construction around here you have to suffer to get a low bill. Keep it around 75 in the summer and as low as 60 to 65 in the winter. Whatever you can handle. Old construction I'm referring to brick or poor or no insulation. That exists around here, I've experienced it firsthand. Not mentioning any names. And more than one name I could mention. You have some bums around here running their place not above the board. They'll do it because you just want to live in Virginia so bad. Landlords around here no better than they are up North if you ask me but that's a different conversation. Just don't rent a house I'll say that much and leave it alone.

Last edited by goofy328; 05-02-2019 at 05:34 PM..

Old 05-02-2019, 06:57 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,610,335 times
A lot of apartments include water. When I lived in an apartment, many years ago our electric was typically less than $100.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:00 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,464,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
A lot of apartments include water. When I lived in an apartment, many years ago our electric was typically less than $100.
Water was never a problem until I decided to rent a house, and water was not included. But I think that's an outlier.

Biggest thing around here is electric. But there are apartments that include electric. One just needs to know where to look they aren't common in Virginia. If the OP can afford it and it is in a nice school district, if that is an consideration, I would look into it. For example, Hamilton Apartments has electricity included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area