Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Wives of Husbands who travel for their jobs.

Group Created by peggysue55
View All Members Showing 10 of 41 Member(s)
Showing 1 of 1 Picture(s)
Hi, Monty here, how can I help? I'm helping small businesses in North America to acquire top tier relationship marketing campaigns that generate...
From joblot
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 39
  1. jdmshawn1
  2. jdmshawn1
    07-21-2013 05:17 PM - permalink
    jdmshawn1
    I recommend everyone to check this out!!
  3. dizzydice
    04-16-2012 11:17 AM - permalink
    dizzydice
    for those of you who do travel with your husbands and have kids with you have you found any places that are nationwide that have one cost and you can take your kids to have fun while you run errands?
  4. dizzydice
    04-16-2012 10:44 AM - permalink
    dizzydice
    Hello ladies i am from TX and had only been out of south Tx one time. i reunited with a man i fell in love with 15yrs ago. we are together and stronger than ever, BUT that does not mean we dont have our weak moments. he recently got back into a job that requires him to travel 90% of the time. i had just opened my own hair salon and was getting ready to get us an apartment. but all that changed when he received the call to come back to work. i had already told him that if he went i would not be willing to stay together with him. i know not very loving of me to do but i know i dont believe in being in a relationship with someone whom is not there. so when the call came we had talked and i decided if he goes im going too. Only fair right? I have a 6 yr old and i put her in the k12 home school program and we are now in virginia. i must say it is not easy at all being on the road with a child and a husband. we havent had any disagreements till last night. it was enough for me to pack my things. but he never let me out the door i know this is a long story short but to all the ladies that are in the situation like all the ones i have read about on here if you cant handle staying home without him pack your stuff and give him two options i go with you or i go on with my life. i have talked to his ex wife many of times we are good friends and she did both she left with him then decided to go home and try it that way but as i said ex wife. so either be tough and add no blame when they get home cause that is their life and when they come home it does not change they are used to being alone on the road, my suggestion is if you love him but cant be without him then ride along and have your family. but you may find out hes not the person you married before. but i hope that happens to no one but if it does better to find out now then sit at home depressed and lonely and miserable. but on the other hand if you do go with him expect to change alot about yourself and what your used to in life some changes are gonna be hard and some will be the best changes youve ever made in your life. i love my husband and this is the best choice ive ever made.
  5. ama1519
    08-18-2011 04:19 PM - permalink
    ama1519
    Hello Everyone, my name is Roy, and I'm looking for a few business minded people who would like to profit from the Deregulation of Energy in Pennsylvania just like I am. I will show you how you can get paid on thousands of electric bills every month, when people pay their light bills.
    I work for a Billion Dollar Energy Company based out of Dallas Tx that just went into the Pennsylvania energy market, and is helping thousands of people like you and I save money on their electric bills. If you are interested in finding out how you can also profit from this great opportunity, check out my web site: Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more or email me at ama1519@yahoo.com
  6. roxysmom87
    07-19-2011 11:51 PM - permalink
    roxysmom87
    Hello Everyone. I have been married for almost 6 years and the longest time I got to spend with my husband is 6 days. I sometimes don't see him for months at a time. My mind makes me think he has someone somewhere else while I sit home alone when I am not at work. It hasn't been easy being faithful, but I have. How do some of you handle your husband being away so long?
  7. DiiMPLES12
    07-18-2011 02:56 PM - permalink
    DiiMPLES12
    My husband and i woul not mind traveling for work how can we get into it?
  8. sunnys01
    06-16-2011 01:48 AM - permalink
    sunnys01
    Really nice.
    ====
    builders
  9. txgal0901
    06-15-2011 11:30 PM - permalink
    txgal0901
    The missing links in my marriage…Wow – I never thought of myself as a pity party kind of person…but here I am. I met my husband in 2003, he is very handsome – as a matter of fact, I told the friend that introduced us that I wasn’t interested because he was “too cute” – it makes me cry to read that statement. We married in 2006; he’s an amazing man – good Christian, a great provider. I believe we’ve been through the same problems that most new couples have – here’s where things went awry, he changed jobs 4 months after we got married. He travels for his job, approximately 3 weeks out of each month, his travel has leveled out to usually Tuesday-Thursday weekly, but in the beginning it was weekly, all week, trade shows in Vegas, Arizona, golf trips to New Mexico, you name it – he’s been there, he’s done it. During the non-travel weeks, he played pick-up softball, worked out at the gym daily, played golf on weekends. Incredibly selfish. After some sporadic marriage counseling, church sermons, Biblical friends inserting their opinions, me demanding attention – life shows signs of improvement. Here’s the hard part, I’m starting to feel like I don’t care anymore. The years of insecurity, jealousy, worry, and loneliness have taken a toll on my love, my heart. I never knew the value of climbing into bed with your husband and talking about your day. Or the value of being able to pick up the phone and call your husband to share something funny, something scary, something sad…you bottle it up to tell them when you talk to them at 10 pm tonight after they’ve shared a posh dinner, with posh friends – many of them young, attractive, single and female – but guess what, at 10 pm, your funny, scary, sad news…doesn’t matter anymore – to you or to him. You’re speaking on the phone to a person who you resent and you feel like you no longer have much in common. I never knew how insecure I could feel when my husband travels with a female coworker, just the two of them – how your mind becomes the devil’s playground for every bad adultery story you’ve heard, read about or saw on television. I have read and “think” I understand that love is not butterflies in your stomach, or giddiness – I understand commitment over emotion. But what if you find yourself not wanting to be with them publically because you feel fake, b/c he acts like life is grand, resentment sets in b/c you want to make a Public Service Announcement – “this is not what it looks like on the outside, it’s not all that on the inside.” How awful to even say those words...Right now, after typing that, I’m convicted. As a Christian, the very words I have typed show my lack of Faith. I am definitely clinging to the end of my faith rope…Forgive me Father, I want the American Dream…I want a husband at home, two and half kids, forgive me for my selfishness. Where do you go from here, right now – I feel like two different people, in two different worlds. He now has a Christian accountability partner and is trying to make changes, part of me is thankful and part of me feels like everything he says and does is an act, like he’s trying to talk himself into being a husband, father, etc. I think he longs for bachelorhood, for single-life, for his old life – I think that’s the life he’s living 3 days of every week.
  10. Missteenyusa
    03-03-2011 11:11 PM - permalink
    Missteenyusa
    Hello.. My husband has just started traveling and it's really tough. When he returns home he seems disappointed in not getting a warmer and more excited response. I am so burnt out from my week with the kids I want a little tlc as well. How do you handle this?