Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Move to Tennessee

Group Created by pamsellshomes
View All Members Showing 10 of 28 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. nmooney1
    02-16-2019 10:21 AM - permalink
    nmooney1
    We are currently in IL (about an hour outside of St. Louis, MO). We have 3 kids and have recently decided we are getting out of IL. The pass of the $15 min wage was our final push. My husband is a small business owner and it will kill his company. We are hoping to find something in small town, but with access to things like good public schools, shopping (just a Target works for me!!!), golf, shooting range.....but my husband still wants to have space. We are currently on 11 acres. I would love to have neighbors that also have kids! I have been looking online all over TN, but still feel lost. lol
  2. sharethefun
    12-18-2018 08:17 PM - permalink
    sharethefun
    hi all i live east tennessee in bristol lots to do here and growing tons of bars and breweries downtown and more on the way,also im looking to meet new friends in tricities tn area for possible trips and all platonic friends.
  3. Patriot76
    11-22-2018 02:25 PM - permalink
    Patriot76
    I'm looking to move from Massachusetts to Eastern TN and would like a semi rural area East of Knoxville. Any help would be appreciated.
  4. LJK10
    01-21-2016 07:17 AM - permalink
    LJK10
    Hello,
    DH (Darling husband) has had conversation with recruiter in TN. It's a possibility that we may end up outside Nashville, TN. (I'm a NC girl---mountains!)

I am interested in Benton Hall Academy for child, but see they are having difficulty finding a new facility for the next school year. Anyone know anything?

I'm interested in learning about housing---Brentwood too "hoity toity" for our taste, Hendersonville was recommended, I like the sound Hermitage---any inside scoop? We are mid-aged adults who prefer quiet areas (1/2 acre land would be nice).

Thanks
  5. TNhomesteading
    11-08-2015 05:36 PM - permalink
    TNhomesteading
    Just moved outside of Paris, TN. Loving it so far!
  6. Meli41
    04-19-2015 01:02 PM - permalink
    Meli41
    I currently live in Kingsport, Tennessee but I am looking for a smaller town to live in. I don't like the air quality here or the size of the town(too big for me). T am looking for a quieter more peaceful place to live. Erwin or Elizabethton sound nice and small. I love the outdoors and want to live in a place not concerned with growing bigger but likes to maintain a smaller size and tranquil pace of life. Any suggestions or insight would be helpful.
  7. DebexploresOhio
    04-09-2015 05:55 PM - permalink
    DebexploresOhio
    I am looking to move to the Sumner County area this year. I would like to know anything that would help me with the move. I currently own a home in Warren, Ohio.
    I would like to find a place outside of the city limits. I like the town of Portland Tn very much. It reminds me of the town where I grew up. All my family is in North Alabama but my husbands transfer is for the Sumner County area. I miss the south so much that I travel there twice a year. Our children are raised so schools are not a concern. Thank you.