Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a moderated group.

The Sunshine State

Group Created by Suncoast Guy

Live in Florida? Use to live in Florida? Join us to chat and share tips about living in The Sunshine State!

View All Members Showing 10 of 153 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 6 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 94
  1. mellanieblue
    06-19-2010 02:42 PM - permalink
    mellanieblue
    Can't wait to get back to SRQ next summer! Hope all you Floridians are enjoying the lush green and palm trees...I miss seeing something other than rocks and dirt!
  2. Suncoast Guy
    04-22-2010 03:38 PM - permalink
    Suncoast Guy
    Hope everyone is doing well!
  3. harrycrat
    12-17-2009 09:20 AM - permalink
    harrycrat
    Hello.
    I decided to join the group ,beause I believe it is beneficial...

I guess we can discuss more private matters here,while participating in the open threads for FL...
  4. TrulyJaicee
    09-27-2009 05:08 PM - permalink
    TrulyJaicee
    Anyone planning on retiring or has someone retired somewhere nice in Florida? I am currently in South Florida, but would like to check out other towns north of here to settle in... would appreciate anyone with good input or suggestions of other towns to check out for someone not quite ready to hit total retirement mode... I need a big town with small town charm! I've lived in Miami for over 40 years and I am ready for a change! Please tell me about your town in Florida, if you recommend it...
  5. Suncoast Guy
    08-15-2009 11:57 PM - permalink
    Suncoast Guy
    NOTE: I have switched this group to moderated as I have done all of my Social Groups. They are for my own reasons, not due to anything that has been done here.

All a moderated group does is moderate the new members that come in. Your posts will still automatically be posted, and nothing will change for you.

Please continue to talk and have fun!!

~SCG
  6. ruejacobs
    07-27-2009 02:13 AM - permalink
    ruejacobs
    i was born in tampa and have lived here all my life (except for the six months when i lived in the republic of panama during 1992). i understand that most states have every little in the way of theme parks...i couldn't live without theme parks, or beaches, for that matter.
  7. rainbo
    07-18-2009 02:38 PM - permalink
    rainbo
    I lived in Miami during the 60's. Most of the people have moved to either Lauderdale, Tampa, Stuart (spelling??) however, you can buy property for 50% of what it's worth now, almost any place in FL.
    My husband has a condo that belonged to his mother before she died. It was worth about $250. You can buy it now for about $150. It's right on the water and the grounds are absolutely beautiful. The apartments are very low now too, if you really think that's where you want to go. It's really hot and humid. If you aren't used to it, it can really be miserable.
  8. carmela palms
    07-18-2009 06:22 AM - permalink
    carmela palms
    hi, i was wondering if anyone knows of a city that is good for a young, single man, 30 years old to live in florida?
  9. Kesh22
    07-17-2009 08:28 AM - permalink
    Kesh22
    If you are interested in learning of a different area in Florida; one I would recommend is Citrus Springs, a part of Florida that is on the come up and you can purchase land and home for a reasonable and affordable price. If interested please Email me at tooreal4lyfe@yahoo.com. I can set you up with a free telephone presentation with my Manager at Best Choice Provider and Management Inc. located in New York if unable to travel here. My name is Keshia Hilliman. I would love to do business with you, so please contact me as soon as possible just to see what we have to offer. It doesn't hurt.
  10. rkumar3