Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Adoptees Searching For

Group Created by lwest420

a website to aide adoptees in Birth Family Search

View All Members Showing 10 of 27 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 18
  1. Dragonfly14
    05-08-2013 12:54 PM - permalink
    Dragonfly14
    Just wanted to encourage everyone who is out there searching -- this last March, my husband and I took the train out west and met my birth Mom and my other 1/2 sister and her husband! What a W O N D E R F U L reunion!
  2. Dragonfly14
    07-02-2012 05:01 PM - permalink
    Dragonfly14
    I joined the group because I wanted to encourage the rest of you -- I moved in 1980 to the town where I was born because that was the only connection I had with my birth parents. Well, it's 2012, and through the help of a wonderful intermediary -- thanks Pat if you happen to float these boards -- I found BOTH my birth Mom and my birth Dad and a bonus -- I have two half sisters -- one on each side!

I have met my birth Dad and my one half sister, and it has been tremendous. I have Skyped with my birth Mom and my other half sister, but am planning on taking a long trip in August so I can go meet them!
  3. tdnaida
    06-21-2012 04:30 PM - permalink
    tdnaida
    Looking for 2 nieces who were taken from my sister Betty by the state of FL 1983 or so! The girls were both born in Elmira, NY LaRue 3/25/77 & Jennifer 12/28/78 Any help would be appreciated!!
  4. lwest420
    10-19-2010 11:25 AM - permalink
    lwest420
    Hi All
    I have emailed all with the States listed where the Adoptions took place and there individual States sites - for Adoptee Search Info and Applications for Search instructions.
    This link will below will provide additional information for future contacts on this Social Group page or for anyone Aiding Adoptees or Birth Parents in there Search for Non-identifying Information
    and/or possible ReUnions.
    Good Luck to All in there Search!!!!
    All I Ask is if you would Please list any positive responses in Each of Your Searches or Advise of the Status's of Your Search. Thank You and God Bless!
    Adoption Search Registries & Reunion Resources by State

I hope this link will provide help for all in there Adoption Searches.
  5. lwest420
    09-12-2010 07:55 AM - permalink
    lwest420
    Department of Human Resources (DHR)

Contact the above for the birth state the adoptee was born in.

They have Search and Reunion capabilities regardless if it was a closed adoption or legal adoption.

They will first provide you with non-identifying information.

Then they will try and help you locate the birth-parents as long as both adoptee and birth parent consent to further contact.

I hope this helps - it worked for me in less than 5 months of filing the paperwork and of no cost to me.
  6. lora langford
    08-04-2010 02:49 PM - permalink
    lora langford
    Mother helping adopted son find bio mother. He searched hard but sort of gave up, closed adoption. files sealed. Private adoption, through attorney. Aransas Pas, tx. Dec.1,1969. Dr. that located baby, is now deceased. My son has health issues which also may be inherited? Was told she had other children.
  7. lwest420
    08-04-2010 11:32 AM - permalink
    lwest420
    Those of you who have listed search information in this Social Group please check your direct messages. I have contacted most of you in regards to your birth family search.
    Thanks - Lisa
  8. Ann Gibbs
    06-29-2010 08:36 AM - permalink
    Ann Gibbs
    i was born June 17,1970 in Buffalo, New York. I was told that my birth mom had many other children. My birth name is Ann Elizabeth. My adoption was in 1975. I assume my birth mother was on drugs because after the adoption went through she sent a letter to the agency(unsure which one) Saying she wanted $100 for me!
  9. Reajohnson
    06-27-2010 11:13 AM - permalink
    Reajohnson
    Hi. Assisting son-in-law with this search to find his birthmom. He was born on 9-28-69 at Virginia Baptist Hospital in Lynchburg, Va. then transferred to Children's Home Society in Greensboro, NC where he was adopted. His birthmom was 19 years old, had a dimple in her chin and younger fraternal twin brothers. She was from the Charlotte, NC area. Birthfather said to have been 24 years old, in military and had served in Vietnam. She had worked as a waitress and secretary.
  10. Mary Brown71
    06-11-2010 06:41 PM - permalink
    Mary Brown71
    hello I am a female adoptee looking for my birth mother. I was born in Peoria Illinois in 1971 and put up for adoption through catholic charities. My birth name was Mary Hufeld. Not really sure where to start