Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Unhappy Homeowners

Group Created by cherrah2008

Group is about people who got homes and realized it was a nightmare because the builders are unlicensed or just can't build, or perhaps both!

View All Members Showing 10 of 29 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 15 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 15
  1. Walter224
    11-21-2009 01:01 AM - permalink
    Walter224
    Hello everyone,
    I'm Walter Crane,a private lender working in collaboration with quick loans corporation.For more info, visit :
    www.quickloanscorp.us
  2. cherrah2008
    11-18-2009 08:00 AM - permalink
    cherrah2008
    I had two home inspections done. They didn't honor the second one at all and didn't honor the one year warranty either.
  3. cherrah2008
    11-18-2009 07:59 AM - permalink
    cherrah2008
    One last thing, I had 2 home inspections done and they didn't honor either fully. The first they did somethings onsite and was supppose to finish and the second they didn't honor at all.
  4. cherrah2008
    11-18-2009 07:57 AM - permalink
    cherrah2008
    The city and state (Clarksville, TN) has still let these people continue to build despite all of the civil and crimminal acts they have done. It's a pure outrage and I'm the one who sits day after day in a raggedy home that's falling apart it's so very terrible. I hate my home and it's a shame to feel that way about something that was supposed to bring you joy. I wish the TBI and FBI would come in a do investigations on all of the businesses because someone need to help the homeowners.
  5. cherrah2008
    11-18-2009 07:53 AM - permalink
    cherrah2008
    To everyone who has posted here. Let me tell you something I am still fighting this nightmare and it has worsen. First of all, I did do my homework by seeing did the contractor have a license. There was a contractor listed as licensee with the state board, but I didn't find out until a year later that this licensee wasn't in the business any longer and hadn't been in a few years. Not only that, I found out that all of my closing papers were illegally signed, and I was in a home loan under false pretense. The builders were the son's of the licensee and using his license to build homes. I can't find any lawyer who will help. I've gone through 2 in the city, 1 in nashville, and several others who give excuses (outside of the city) as to why they can't help. The city of Clarksville is at fault because they allowed the son's to get apx. hundreds of permits illegally, even after they knew the story.. The title company is the same way. They kept closing for the Blackwell's even after knowing. The state licensing board is at fault because they knew the father wasn't in the business, but they did nothing about the fact that they were getting financial statements from the father in order to renew his license (how can you get statements when he wasn't in the business other than by way of fraud)? But, again, the state knew this and did nothing, plus they kept the father listed as licensee for 2 years after the fact (isn't that fraud to the public), then they allowed him to be listed as retired. Plus they allowed one of the son's to be licensed even after all they done. In TN it's a class c misdeameanor to build anything over $25,000 without a license, the Blackwell and Blackwell Construction built hundreds and all of the homes were built on illegal permits go to tn2realestates.com and type in Blackwell and Blackwell Construction you can see a lot of the homes they built. They were using the name listed above but they didn't even have a business license. Common sense tells you that you can't have a business license if you don't have a license as a contractor to run the business. They done all of this for years under there father's license who wasn't even in the business. So the son's names are on my mortgage papers so how can my loan be legal, but the mortgage company is holding me liable even though they know the whole story and have received 2 packets about it from me. I begged the state licensing board's director to revoke their father's license, but they wouldn't for whatever reason even though the director said she wish they could. I have proof of everything. It's all a big mess but I'm still fighting and will until the end. If you want to read the whole story go to www.worldlawdirect.com and type in Blackwell and Blackwell Construction you will find two separate posts, one has a total of 35, the other has a total of 53, take your time and read them all. I also have some more up to date pictures. The seller of the Blackwell homes knew everything yet continued to sell their homes as did the real estate company. I contacted the two highest individuals in the real estate company and sent them a huge packet, they wouldn't even respond, it's Keller Williams Realty on wilma rudolph in Clarksville. I probably won't be posting here again because I am more focused on one posting area and that is the worldlawdirect.com site I provided. Thank you all.
  6. cwilliams280
    10-19-2009 12:32 PM - permalink
    cwilliams280
    I bought a home in august 2009 and found out that the final inspection letter for gas and electric was never released by code inforcement. the reason is to do with a property beside me. the final letter is keeping us from putting the utilities in my name. so far we are contacting the builders on a weekly basis and all we get is, we are working on it. what can i do to make this happen faster. it is getting cold outside and we really need heat before the worst part of winter gets here?
  7. RobertaFromMT
    09-17-2009 07:46 PM - permalink
    RobertaFromMT
    HELLO! HAPPY 2009!

WE ARE AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW FOR A NEW PROJECT AND WOULD LOVE TO FIND SOMEONE WHO WANTS US TO FIX, RE-MODEL, OR BUILD THEM A CABIN OR HOME IN MONTANA. PLEASE CONTACT US AT 406-260-1521! YOU CAN SEE WHAT WE HAVE DONE BEFORE AT OUR WEB SITE AT:

HTTP://TopDogDiggsConstruction.Synthasite.com.
  8. Skip Borders
    08-05-2009 07:26 AM - permalink
    Skip Borders
    Hi guys and gals,
    I saw this group and wanted to deposit my 2 cents.

I think that there is ample opportunity for home buyers of both new and remodeled homes to be sorely dissatisfied!
    I own a small contractor business in North Dallas and I have held a real estate license. My real estate license is currently inactive, so don’t worry I am not trying to sell you a house.

Having said that, I have seen the good, the bad, and the very ugly. Sadly many times even under close inspection you can not tell when the new home was build or older home remodeled using inferior products or shoddy technique. A top layer of drywall (perhaps of questionable origin) and a pretty paint color (pretty, but possibly of very low quality) can hide a multitude of sins.

I don’t mention this because every house or every renovation is of poor quality in both materials and craftsmanship. Some builders do have a lot of pride in their product and many renovations are done with loving care using the best available materials and products.

The problem, in my opinion (as a disclaimer my opinion is worth at least what I charge for it and at times twice that), is that we as consumers have lost the connection of value to quality. I see it all of the time. People often want to pay the absolute lowest cost and then sometime wonder why they are not happy with their acquisition. The old saying you get what you pay for has had such a magnificent run in our vernacular for a reason.

Don’t get me wrong, I love a bargain as much as anyone. And bargains are out there from time to time. But continuously taking the lowest bid or buying the very lowest cost I think can only lead to disappointment.

Buying a home, a remodeling project, or anything else for that matter should not be a knee jerk action. Some research and investigation is required for any major purchase. Often it is a great idea to consult a professional to help you review the options and to provide an impartial view, it is very possible that they will not be emotionally involved in the deal.

Caveat emptor my friends. Be an informed, unemotional buyer. Consider the conditions and competition in any deal. Don’t overbuy but do not be suckered or pressured into something that is too good to be true or a deal that needs a decision right now. Yes it is true you may miss out on a pretty good deal once in a great while, but you may very well protect yourself from getting into something you will long regret.

Now don’t get me started on my “Buy American” rant!
  9. FrustratedChineseDrywall
    07-17-2009 02:40 PM - permalink
    FrustratedChineseDrywall
    I feel like I'm entering an AA meeting... Hi, my name is Lisset, and I'm an Unhappy Homeowner! :-)

I found out my home has toxic Chinese Drywall. I moved out. Now I'm trying to fight the builder.... oy vey!

kstutler: Why don't you move out?? My gosh! It's toxic... get your family out of there!!
  10. XrayEyes
    07-03-2009 06:24 AM - permalink
    XrayEyes
    A few general tips for those considering new construction:

I.
    Beware of a builder who isn't interested in keeping you fully involved in the build process! The best builders prefer homeowners who ask questions and try to understand what is going on, knowing that an informed customer is a happy customer.

II.
    Keep a journal. Record what you see as construction progresses. Most new homeowners are excited and this process of recording can be just as interesting and exciting for you. Write down events, meetings, discussions as soon as they happen so that your thoughts are fresh. Include dates and plenty of pictures. Some have made nice albums out of the entire process. At the same time, you never know when this journal may come in handy. If so, you have a very helpful collection of potential evidence.

III.
    Talk to the building inspectors about your home. Consider being pressent for the inspections. Most appreciate homeowner involvement and are more than willing to answer questions. If there are code corrections or other issues that need to be addressed, the happiest homeowner is an informed homeowner. There will usually be a building inspector, an electrical inspector, and a plumbing inspector.

IV.
    If you are in a neighborhood, talk to your neighbors-to-be. They can tell you what their experience was like. They can also tell you what sort of warranty issues they have dealt with since moving into their homes, how responsive and whether they generally fix the problem the first time or if it takes several visits to resolve the issue.

V.
    A punch list is common in construction. This is a list of items assembled during the final walk-through that are not complete. The builder may push to close the deal promising to finish these items as soon as they can and encourage you to move in right away. This is why they are in business. heowever, it is not uncommon that once you are paid in full, the builder tends to refocus on the next unfinished business. You on the other hand, begin in a new house living with the punch list daily until it is done. Ideally, you would prefer a punch list as small as possible. Decide how much to insist be completed before you close because the builder's responsibilty changes significantly once closing occurs.

VI.
    REMEMBER THE BUILDER IS ONLY AS GOOD AS HIS WORD. Whether talking about the contract, the resolution process, the warranty, or the quality of the product, just because it is promised or written doesn't make it reliable. Just ask anyone who ever had to test this. Disputes are ugly, expensive and favor the builder regardless of whether it is dealt with via arbitration or civil court. IF YOU HAVE TO RELY ON THE PAPERWORK, THE FIRST MISTAKE WAS RELYING ON THE BUILDER...and now you are relying on his paperwork.