Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Going Natural

Group Created by MsGoingNatural

I recently decided to go natural. I've wanted to for the last few years but wasn't willing to commit. My turning point was when my six year old told me she wanted to wear her hair straight and down. I love her naturally curly texture but she wanted to be more like mommy. I realized that if I didn't start loving my own hair she would grow to hate hers. After doing the big chop a few weeks ago I am happy with my hair. Going natural is a choice that should not be taken lightly. After over a decade of relaxing my hair my texture is coarse and brittle. I'm working on using natural products and if anyone has some hair care recipes I'd love to hear them.

View All Members Showing 10 of 35 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 14
  1. jrdota
    01-28-2019 03:46 PM - permalink
    jrdota
    I went natural in color! My kiddo told me highlighting my hair made my wrinkles stand out so I quit the color. It took a while before the skunk line disappeared, but that kiddo is now an adult and she likes my salt and pepper long hair. It just took time and now I can’t remember what it looked like when I covered the gray. Funny thing is, there isn’t as much as I thought there would be, so I like being natural.
  2. jamesburton
    11-21-2018 04:27 AM - permalink
    jamesburton
    Hi, I am James Burton working with Savvy Training Room for the last 4 years and take care of all marketing team and get work done in a predefined time frame. I have joined your group as per group named all thinks are natural.
  3. Cindy Xiao
    11-19-2018 12:35 AM - permalink
    Cindy Xiao
    Dear friend
    This is Cindy, saler of stella of china,We are a china hair factory with 10 years of experience and specialize in making hair products, such as virgin hair, lace closure,lace frontal,wig,hair extension and much more, we would like to be our clients' solid backing in the market, So we offer cheapest price high quality hair products also can be customized for our clients which can make lowest price in the market with same quality hair products.
    any questions please contact me soon, I am glad to help you
    My Whatsapp:+8617819756605
    website:Guangzhou Stella Trade Co., Ltd. - Human Hair (Wig, Hair Weave
  4. APHH2017
    04-11-2017 11:09 AM - permalink
    APHH2017
    I am here Promoting Nautural Healthy Hair. I have Great Prices, So therefore you
    can get quality work at prices that wont break your pockets. My services include, Full head Sew-ins, Braiding, I can make your hair look full if you just want the full look and not a Full Head of weave. I only work with 100% human hair. I have several different patterns that I use. I promote healthy hair. I also specialize in Natural hair. Sew In, lock extensions, lovely locks, natural updos etc. I am always trying to come up with or mirror different techniques. I am a mobile stylist. Check out my work on instagram @alwayspromotinghealthyhair.
  5. cbiz13
    04-02-2010 11:14 AM - permalink
    cbiz13
    I have naturally curly hair and have always hated it. The funny thing is that I have not always had curly hair. Pictures of me up until I was about 7 my hair was straight and so blond it appears white. The Christmas of my 7th year my mother and aunt decided to perm all the grandchildren's hair (my cousins, sister and I) and since then my hair has not been straight. My mother dyed my hair putting highlights and layered colors in it and since then my hair has not been blond, as one of the girls in high school told me once I had kinky curly nappy dirty dishwater hair. At that point I hated my hair but never wanted to do anything to it for fear I guess that it would get worse.
    When I turned old enough to live on my own I discovered that making my own shampoo was not only cheaper but better for my hair. I use various ingredients mainly based on the weather. I get most of my recipes from the internet and use them it does take trial & error but it is better for my hair, and body. I let my hair have seasonal breaks too. Seasons play a big part in my hair color so I prep it for the harsh summer heat in the winter. One website I use is: http://www.longlocks.com/hair-care-r...book.htm#cond1. It has a lot of recipes that I use.
    For people with nappy unmanageable hair I know how you feel, the only thing I can suggest is going natural does not always mean long flowing hair. One thing I learned is that my hair works better short. I have had my hair so short at times that it looks like a buzz cut, but it curls up so tight it is cute. I had long hair for the longest time and when I finally cut it off I had less headaches and neck aches too. My hair is thick, heavy and naturally oily which makes it heaver (although in the area that I live in it fizzes out easily too.
    Hope this post helps for some people.
  6. Nickyznice
    02-25-2010 09:18 AM - permalink
    Nickyznice
    Hello, I am not as enthused about my hair. I am completely natural but I keep my hair in extensions. I dont want to perm my hair again but I dont know what to do with it. I have been natural for about six months and I am just frustrated. My mom thinks I should go back to perms and I am afraid that I wont be accepted by people. I dont know what to do, I have really nappy hair not curly, its nappy! and very hard to manage. It there anyone on here who has the same type of hair that I have and could help me??
  7. tinae426
    02-14-2010 10:05 PM - permalink
    tinae426
    Yes! This is great! I have curly hair and it has been a lifelong issue of mine. When I was in high school, I had an assignment to write about a personal handicap, I wrote about my hair. It is so different from anyone I know! So it is hard to figure it all out.

My whole childhood was tough trying to figure out how to style my hair. My mom has strait thin hair, so she could not help me because she had no idea how my hair worked! Since it never looked good all the way down, I had to be creative in wearing it up. It became an obsession of mine. I would wear it up everyday, but in a different way each day. (braid, low pony, high pony, pig tails...)

In high school, I finally discovered mousse. I finally discovered how to work with the curl. Then I discovered the flat iron! I went through a long phase of straitening my hair.

Now I am 25 and find myself trying to figure out my hair again. I am like MsGoingNatural. I am tired of straightening my hair, but I want my hair to look stylish and cute! I want to compete with all of my good looking friends, and have cute hair! Sometimes I feel if I leave my hair curly and go out for the night, I do not feel as attractive as if I had straightened it.

Keep the posts coming! I need some advice! Maybe some cut ideas? I have had both long and short, I can not seem to figure out a good hair style.
  8. janyy
    02-13-2010 01:21 PM - permalink
    janyy
    I've been into healthy eating, nutrition studies, etc. for years now. In the last year, I also decided to stop dying my hair and just let the grey come on in.

A few years ago, I saw a beautiful older woman riding on the train here (I'm in Europe) and she was dressed in the costume of the country side and holding a basket with her shopping and some gorgeous sunflowers. Her long, grey hair was pulled back in a bun and she looked so serene. I thought, "I want to be like that when I get old." So, at 61, I'm finally coming around. Last year I dumped the bleach that has burned my hair into straw for years. I think young people need to see that aging isn't some nightmare to avoid, but a time of life to embrace and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

By the way, if you are looking for healthy recipes, go here: http://chetday.com

I've found this to be a very informative, interesting as well as amusing site. Enjoy.
  9. funseeker2010
    02-05-2010 07:11 PM - permalink
    funseeker2010
    I use 2 Aveda products called 'Be Curly' that helps bring out the curl pattern in my hair
  10. AuroraE95
    02-02-2010 02:23 PM - permalink
    AuroraE95
    Im also going natural, I was due for a perm in july but i decide not to get it...im now on my 7th month mark
    half of my hair is still permed and it a few inches past my shoulders(was at my bra strap but my damn hair stylist cut it)...o and i am NOT ready for the big chop