Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Moving to Austin, Texas or surrounding area

Group Created by kelly katsus

This group is for people that are interested in finding out more about Austin, Texas or the surrounding area and did not know whom to ask. Get information on relocating, renting, buying, who is a good agent, where to live, shop dine or any other question you might want answered.

View All Members Showing 10 of 65 Member(s)
Showing 2 of 2 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 36
  1. Babesmom
    01-23-2016 11:04 PM - permalink
    Babesmom
    Hi all
    Does anyone have information on Taylor, Tx
    How is it there? Is it growing a lot? Nice place to live etc?
  2. yaniadollface
    05-06-2015 05:22 PM - permalink
    yaniadollface
    Does anyone no anything about the killeen Texas area?
  3. belisima
    06-12-2013 05:28 AM - permalink
    belisima
    hi guys,
    I will come to Austin next monday?
    but i dont have any idea. can you give me some facilities and also activities?
  4. dogs13
    04-28-2013 12:09 PM - permalink
    dogs13
    I am turning the big 3-0 on Tuesday!!! Please Help make this weekend/week huge!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to CANDY2783 FanClubs!
  5. rockstarstylst
    03-25-2013 04:14 PM - permalink
    rockstarstylst
    My family and are I planning on moving to Texas, around Austin.. what is an affordable place to move? Cedar Park, Round Rock? We are open to any area really. Thanks
  6. EstrangedFather
    03-31-2011 08:33 PM - permalink
    EstrangedFather
    Looking for CDL job and cheap housing in the Austin/Round Rock area. Wanting to move from NM asap w/ very little funds
    I have a Class A CDL w/ Tanker endorsement, experience in most every aspect of construction (both residential and commercial). Have also installed alarm systems, wireless (satellite) systems and hardline internet components as well as set-up and troubleshooting these systems. I have heavy-equipment operation experience and various other certifications and training that may be applicable. Bottom line, I am a 34 year old father of three (ages 4,5, and 10) - they are my entire world. Do to unforseen circumstances my ex-wife needed to re-locate to the Round Rock area. I have very little money, no transportation once I arrive and as of yet no place to stay. But, what I do have, are 3 kids and even an ex-wife who need me down there. There is nothing I won't do to make this happen. Please, if anyone has any ideas of employment (enough to pay $1000 child support+my rent+and living expenses) and/or housing it would be very much appreciated. Once again, thank you for any advice or direction you can provide.
  7. AggieheadedtoAustin
    03-29-2011 12:15 PM - permalink
    AggieheadedtoAustin
    I am looking to move to Austin or Houston and am looking for professional employment. I have office administration experience and a bachelors degree. It is very hard to find work in a city you don't live in. Any guidance as far as good companies to work for or professional employment agencies that are good... would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  8. miss_stacy80
    08-27-2010 06:37 PM - permalink
    miss_stacy80
    Hi, all. My husband and I are moving to Austin in a few weeks from Seattle, because he got a computer geek job @ Congress and 6th, and I'm going to be attending the Seminary of the Southwest.

We currently live in the Ballard neighborhood (off Market St.), and we LOVE it. We're next to a Walgreens, Safeway, and Ballard's own downtown area. We can walk nearly everywhere, and there's a bus stop within sight of our apartment. We also like the funkiness of the nearby Fremont Neighborhood.

Are there any Seattle transplants (or savvy Austinites) who could help us find comparable neighborhoods in Austin so we can buy a house (not condo) and raise future kids in a safe, eclectic, artsy environment?

Budget: $100-$300K (preferably around $250)
    BR: 3 + office or 4
    BA: 2-3
    SQ FT: 1700 - 2400

Other: Walkable (near shops, etc.); unique style (not suburban cookie cutters that all look and feel the same); close to public transit (within 5 or 6 blocks, because I'm a wheelchair user who doesn't drive).

Any and all help is appreciated!
  9. kelly katsus
  10. 07-15-2010 09:29 AM - permalink
    r80sgirl
    Hi everyone,

I am planning to move to Austin within the next 1-2 years. I'm interested in working in the criminal justice field. If anyone on this website works in the field, could you please share some experiences? Also could you offer some advice on the criminal justice jobs available in Austin & how I can get my foot in the door?

Thank you!