Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Portland, Oregon

Group Created by NWkat

Discussions, questions, answers related to real estate in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area.

View All Members Showing 10 of 36 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. 08-14-2018 02:08 PM - permalink
    dragonflygreen64
    Hey all!!!

New here. Needing some help trying to find housing. My fiancé is due to have surgery in 2 months and we need to find something closer to Portland. Outskirts ok too. We live in West Salem and need to get closer. We don't want an apartment. Town house, house, duplex is good. Can pay between $1300-$1400 per month. 3-4 bedroom. 2 small Chiweenies super well behaved. We do have renters insurance!!! Total of 5 in family.
    Thank you!
  2. lakeshasingle
    03-14-2016 12:14 PM - permalink
    lakeshasingle
    Moving from NC. Have a career in Massage Therapy. I have a husband and 2 kids. Is Portland a good place to raise a family?
  3. Starzaplenty
    02-06-2016 02:44 AM - permalink
    Starzaplenty
    Hello, I am new to this site. I have been online, trying to see what rights I have, if any, to my mail. My landlord refuses to give me a key to the shared mail bix, I can get a text from him, when her ready to get the mail, and walk with him and get my mail, but cannit get it mtself. I have lived here over 1yr, tinight, he said if I don't like it, get a p.o. box, he knows the nearest one is an he bus ride away. Also, I was late on my rent, and her been making comments to be about adult time,and that he thinks of me, then he made a comment how his wife is mad rents kate, but he's been covering for me. I saved his tax messages also....where the adult comments were made. What should I do?? I'm not in any fin, or medical position to move, and last mibth, got help from a church for rent. I continue to look for outside resources, my 2 day old car, not insured yet, was totaled, by a hit and run driver, so getting around has been difficult also.
  4. UniqeaMonie
    01-29-2016 11:33 PM - permalink
    UniqeaMonie
    Hello all!!
    I am looking to move to Oregon... I have been looking at Corvallis. Its been too many omens leading me to this place. I have to experience it and see where it takes me. I am from Jersey. I will be moving with my hubby my 2 sons and my cat jinx. I wanted to know if anyone had any insights on how it is? We are African American, and I am aware of the percentage of A.A. in the state. I just wanted to know if it would be a comforting social environment for myself and my family. I plan to visit in the summer to gain my own experience and thoughts.
    I also had questions on how the pay rates vs living wage is out there. And if its difficult to find a job. My mate has been working for the city in maintenance for 10 yrs and I have some education in psychology. I am hoping to earn my degree before we leave. And I have experience in various things like sales, administrative, billing, dietary, direct care, etc. I am also looking to be a business owner. Myself and my mate both make music and we are poets, I am writing a novel series, I make healing crystal and orgonite jewelry, and I am moving forward with creating my own box subscription for home and health homemade products. I would like to eventually get into having my own store with natural products and host events.
    Any advice or comments or anything would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
  5. Shanro-brown
    08-31-2013 03:31 PM - permalink
    Shanro-brown
    Trying to move, but trying to rent somewhere and explain my past late rent by my previous manager. What could I say without my application being denied and giving me another chance to continue to rent?? Feeling kind of discouraged. Working full-time and staying with my sister temporarily with my 3 children. Please someone encourage me.
  6. whatplanetweon
    08-29-2013 05:08 PM - permalink
    whatplanetweon
    I'm planning to relocate to the Northwest. I lived there for 10 years before returning to Georgia. I've been here with my family so far with my 3 year old son and I wish to return to the Northwest. My girlfriend and I are going on 9 months and weve been doing this long distance relationship. I wanted to move back before I met her. However, my plan was to return to WA because of more resources verses OR (thats where my girlfriend) stays. She's not ready to move in together but IS willing to let me stay with her (she rents out a room with other tenants) until i get my own place and even suggested that I work with her temp until I can find a job. I agree with us not moving in with each too soon however if I move to Portland I would need her help. She's uneasy about me moving to WA (until I can make my way down to portland) because of what happened (hush hush) which I understand but I'm basically telling her until she is ready to give me that full commiment will she have me in Portland, because shes all i know there. In washington, I know alot more people,etc etc...It's kind of an interesting transition because we both want to be 'together' but we are wanting to do everything right in order to have a successful relationship. But besides that, Do any of you know of Single mother resources in WA and or OR..that would be able to help with housing and or jobs??? Thanks
  7. TireTech429
    08-21-2012 10:30 AM - permalink
    TireTech429
    Hey, how's it going?
  8. Kephren
    07-26-2012 11:03 AM - permalink
    Kephren
    Looking into moving to PDX, looking for info on were to stay while getting a place?
  9. nilochlainn
    07-02-2010 01:54 AM - permalink
    nilochlainn
    I (regrettably) live in Indianapolis. In 2 years I will have my HS teaching cert and hope to get a job in Portland.

When I move I'll have 4 cats & 1 satellite dish. I will seek an apartment with roughly 800-900 sq ft. Any price ranges (subject to change over 2 yrs, I know) or suggested neighborhoods would be really great. Thank you!
  10. NWkat