Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

German Shepherd Owners

Group Created by Suburban Gal

Own a German Shepherd? Come join!

View All Members Showing 10 of 42 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 23 Picture(s)
Sandy and Katie and Chickens
From lizmason
Sandy and Katie
From lizmason
Sandy and Katie 2
From lizmason
Katie drunk on Egg Nog Christmas 2007
From lizmason
Katie and Sandy Playing
From lizmason
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 38
  1. Thewashman
    09-16-2011 03:33 PM - permalink
    Thewashman
    Hello, German Shepard is my favorite dog and I use to have one when I was little. I'm looking to get a full blooded shepard. does anyone have any suggestions?
  2. Dusty Rhodes
    09-06-2011 10:04 PM - permalink
    Dusty Rhodes
    Well, Dreifus is eleven yrs old and still quite active, Jorja, his daughter, is only 5 and downright frisky. Both of them are the tan w/black saddle variety, he is 95 lbs and she is a mere 75 lbs. BUT.....We now have a new puppy, another GSD, a Brindle GSD not quite 3 months old but 42 lbs and growing like a weed, his name is Dreyson.
  3. Dusty Rhodes
    12-14-2010 11:05 AM - permalink
    Dusty Rhodes
    just a couple of pointers, there is a negative sound, kinda like ENK but nasal and loud, it is intoned sharply, it will stop whatever behaviour they are exhibiting. If the dog is jumping up on you, when you see it is gonna jump raise one knee so the dog almost impales itself on your kneecap, if you do this consistently, it will stop jumping on you, or anyone else. GSD's are smart, if they think they are not getting enought attention, they will do stuff to get the attention they want, in their minds, bad attention is better than none at all. Pet 'em, cuddle 'em, walk 'em, talk to 'em, throw things for them to go get. They are really easy to exercise, and, if they are not getting enought exercise or attention, they will find a way. A bored GSD can create havoc! If the dog is pulling on the leash, wait until it just starts to pull, then hold the leash tightly to your body and make a sharp right hand turn, this yanks their head around and unbalances them. they do not like being unbalanced and will quickly learn that tugging gets them unbalanced and yanked around.
  4. here at last
    12-07-2010 05:48 PM - permalink
    here at last
    hello all. We have adopted 2 German Shepherds in the past..Kane and Allie. They are the sweetest dogs ever! They are very protective of us and give us unconditional love. I feel we will always have a Shepherd in the house
  5. Dusty Rhodes
    11-07-2010 07:37 PM - permalink
    Dusty Rhodes
    OK, I finally figured out how to post a photo of Dreifus on my facebook home page, I just don't know how to move the photo here.
  6. cnava
    11-01-2010 09:57 PM - permalink
    cnava
    Hello, I am a recently new GS owner. Her name is rocket and she's 1 year old, and boy does she have a lot of energy... Looking for some free GS training advice. Some of her behaviors are not easily controlled. Like barking, how can I train her to stop. And also jumping on people when she sees them with over excitement. Also, pulling when I take her out to potty. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  7. Obsidiandreams
    10-29-2010 11:10 AM - permalink
    Obsidiandreams
    Just wanted to say hi. I don't own a German Shepherd yet, but it's my favorite breed and when I can get a dog it will be a GSD. They are such an amazing dog, intelligent, protective, and sweet.
  8. dogpaw
    10-17-2010 08:49 AM - permalink
    dogpaw
    I have been on this forum for about 3 years and I just now found this group.

I lost my boy Biker about a year and 1/2 ago. We have had 4 GSD throughout the years and I just love the breed. I hope to get another one in the future, but for now I have a Cardigan Welsh Corgi that reminds me of Biker, only a lot shorter!
  9. impala666
    04-14-2010 01:29 AM - permalink
    impala666
    My dog Ted wants to join!
  10. ShepherdsField
    01-29-2010 10:10 PM - permalink
    ShepherdsField
    I am owned by 5 GSD's, a GSD mix and a Lab. Wanted to join and say Hello.